Project Manager, Development
Avidity Bioscience’s Program and Alliance Management Department is expanding as the company pioneers oligonucleotide therapeutics for people with rare diseases. This position will support our program managers with our development programs to ensure our team’s success in developing medicines for patients with unmet medical need. In collaboration with Program Managers, internal functional leaders and scientific subject matter experts, the Project Manager will support the integration of tools for tracking, planning and reporting to drive effective execution of the program deliverables. This position will give an opportunity to learn from experienced PMs and be part of how we build our Program Management Organization. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, thrives in fast-paced environments and is passionate about driving outputs in a timely manner that empower teams to make decisions and progress the program.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Program Managers by maintaining accurate project schedule information
- Track and communicate progress of activities in an integrated project plan
- Support subteam efficiencies and communications
- Produce agenda, minutes and follow-up action items
- Support risk management by identifying, logging and raising gaps and bottlenecks, and critical path activities
- Propose options to close gaps and get projects back on schedule
- Support the management and preparation of outputs for project milestone reviews
- Define, measure, and report key milestones and critical path workstreams for projects, enabling teams and functions to measure and improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Apply project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control, and closing of projects
To perform this role successfully, an incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The preferred requirements listed below are representative of the skills, knowledge, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS or BA in a scientific discipline; PMP certification is a plus
- Minimum of 2-4 years relevant project management experience
- Proficient in standard Project Management tools, and practices including MS Project, SmartSheet, Timeline Pro, Excel, WORD, and SharePoint
- Knowledgeable of the drug development process
- Ensure a consistent approach by using approved templates and process flows
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and support reaching outcomes and key project decisions in a matrix environment without authority
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and contractors to drive results and meet company objectives
- Ability to function independently and exercise good judgement, as well as ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and set example for others through change
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one station to another, or from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to use a computer.