Sr Manager, Commercial Contracting
The Sr. Manager will have responsibility and oversight of the Managed Care Rebate team's day to day operations. Making sure contracting is accurate, on-time and payments are adjudicated to ensure patient access. This oversight includes agreements within managed care organizations, PBM's, and Integrated Delivery Networks. The Sr. Manager will also be responsible for the following duties and tasks.
- Strong People and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical order process and customer service required.
- Ability to resolve complex/escalated issues.
- Recognizes and interpret business issues/opportunities and recommend solutions through analysis.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on time management, follow-through, and issue resolution abilities.
- Critical thinking and analysis skills are required.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a deadline intensive environment.
- Proficiency in Tableau, Model N, Validata, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Commercial Contracting Knowledge:
- Knowledge of relevant commercial programs, managed care pharmacy benefit programs and relevant regulations that affect contract management and claims processing is required
- Government Pricing & Contracting
- Data management skills and the ability to analyze information to provide relevant and reliable data are required
- Customer service management skills required
Specific Education & Experience Requirements:
- 6+ years of related experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry and a BS or BA degree.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision to lower level employees.
- Reviews, approves, audits payment packages on timely consistent basis.
- Recommends process improvements to department management and resolves escalated issues.
- Effectively liaises with external customers or vendors to ensure satisfactory services levels and resolve issues.
- Builds relationships with senior management and cross-functional teams.
- Establishes business relationships internally and externally of the department to facilitate current and future needs.
- Assists with developing, implementing and complying with standardized departmental operating procedures and Implements specific policies and procedures to comply with local legislation.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to pricing and contracts.
- Help create an inclusive environment where people can speak up and share diverse perspectives, a difficult message, or contrary opinion without fear (psychological safety) to support a respectful and transparent work environment for all
- Tracks all payments and reviews to ensure data captured from internal and external sources is accurate and loaded in the correct system.
- Ensures compliance with all commercial program rules, regulations, and legislation affiliated with these programs within the scope of eligibility maintenance and the administration and processing of rebates.
- Understands basic requirements of Government Pricing and impact of commercial contracting decisions.
- Coordinates effectively with other MSO team members
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.