Director, Global Pricing & Analytics
Director, Global Pricing & Analytics
Located in Foster City, CA or Stockley Park, UK
The Global Pricing Analytics function within Global Value and Access partners with a cross-functional team on the brand-specific pricing strategy and leads operational pricing and analytics activities. As our Director, you would work closely with internal stakeholders across Global Pricing & Analytics, Global Value & Access (GV&A), Local Value & Access, Finance, Legal, IT, Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS), Global Analytics & Insights, and other relevant internal & 3rd party/external partners.
In this role, you would report to the Executive Director of Global Pricing & Analytics within Global Value & Access, and partner closely with our ICR Value & Access and ICR/GPS cross functional teams.
The successful candidate will cover two regions Intercontinental and Global Patient Solutions.
- The Intercontinental region includes all countries LatAm (Brazil, Mexico, LatAm Mid-Size), Middle East, Turkey, Russia and 5 Asian countries.
- The Global Patient Solutions region includes approximately 100 low- and middle-income countries in Africa, South and Southeast Asia, Central America, and the Caribbean.
Acts as a strategic partner ICR/GPS Pricing:
- Guide review of pricing proposals and associated business cases against global pricing guidelines and strategic criteria and maintain accuracy & consistency for sound & timely decision-making.
- Support local affiliates and V&A with pricing operations i.e. price certifications, price evolution analysis, brand/indication pricing implications, price landscape analysis, etc.​​​​​​​
- Support Head of Global of Pricing & analytics in GPC meeting preparation & logistics, including coordination V&A leads, GCPS, Country GMs, and Regional leadership to ensure country price review processes are well aligned and informed for decision by the Global Pricing Committee
- Able to track and assess implications from major changes to pricing regulations and mechanisms worldwide (i.e. health reform, changes in pricing regulations).
- Develop price modeling – e.g., international referencing impact on prices and revenues to support strategic pricing considerations, mitigation strategies, retrospective case reviews, price/volume tradeoffs, country supply, and policy impacts to inform key business decisions. Support development of brand/indication P&R regulatory sequence/launch sequence, and pricing strategy optimization across product lifecycle.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking Gilead and competitor price trends, addressing and assessing country pricing requests through a local, regional and global lens in accordance with global pricing governance review and decision-making workflow
- Support local affiliates and V&A with pricing operations i.e. price certifications, price evolution analysis, brand/indication-specific pricing, landscape reports for referencing markets
Enhance Global Pricing Analytics & Capabilities:
- Key partner for the implementation, data integrity and expansion of Global Pricing Management System (PriceRight by Eversana).
- On GPM, support IT in data interfaces, validation, Eversana quarterly releases, issue monitoring and reporting, and waved enhancements with ongoing user change management, as required. Pricing Analytics
- Key partner on Reporting & Analytics workstream to employ advanced analytical BI tools (e.g., data parsing, blending, manipulation through to data visualization) to streamline, automate, and build pricing analytics capabilities that assist local markets on G2N management and provide global stakeholders with relevant, quality and timely analysis for decision making.
- Support V&A with the LE process and the 10-year LRP
Support Therapeutic Area responsibilities and stretch assignment:
- As needed, partner with V&A in conducting relevant primary and secondary pricing market research activities and pre-launch studies to evaluate pricing potential based on lifecycle management, unmet need/value, stakeholder expectations, competitive pricing landscape and pricing benchmarks
Partner on Global Pricing Initiative (Global Patient Solutions Price governance):
- Key focus is supporting the development of the GPS price governance.
- Proactively work with GPS in developing/refining Global Pricing governance, leveraging insights collected during interviews and information (list/net/DPP pricing data) provided by the team
- Ensure that price diligence is included in the recommended approach/framework in a consistent, meaningful and pragmatic way based on the request or country's archetype. This entails international referencing pricing impact on revenues, retrospective case reviews, price/volume tradeoffs, cross country supply, and policy impacts to inform decision making in GPS.
- Support development of GPS price governance, including coordination with local GPS/ICR teams (V&A, GMs, finance, Manufacturing, Public Affairs) to ensure due diligence of country price proposals prior to Global review/approval and/or escalation to relevant committee
- Support change management, implementation and roll out of the newly design pricing governance for GPS markets.
Specific skills to be considered:
- Bachelor's Degree (required) with 12 + years experience in Healthcare or Pharmaceutical industry OR a MSc or MPhil (preferred) in Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Health Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics or any other related quantitative field with 10 + years experience in Healthcare or Pharmaceutical industry
- Prior technical knowledge and execution experience in strategic and operational pricing is critical
- Understanding of access, health economics and commercialization process (preferred)
- Knowledgeable about payer systems & archetypes in priority countries (and preferably across regions or the globe), including expertise in local pricing setting mechanism and market dynamics
- General understanding of value story needs, gaps and requirements to suit market / payer requirements in relevant markets (required)
- Ability to communicate financial impact of pricing initiatives on overall business objectives (required)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in the following aspects (required):
- Designing or implementing pricing strategies at country level
- Financial planning, forecasting or demand planning
- Pricing, financial or statistical analytics,
- Designing or implementing pricing strategies at country level
- Ability to synthetize, critically analyze, efficiently communicate large volume of information, identify risks and develop recommendations (required)
- Ability to understand the organization's strategy and apply to product pricing strategies (preferred)
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and strong Excel skills (required)
- Act as subject matter expert on price intelligence leveraging appropriate third party data resources, e.g., Pricentric, MIDAS, DRG, SSR, Analysource, and internal finance data, to derive appropriate pricing analogues analysis, competitive pricing reports (visualization in Tableau) for key GCPS deliverables ISP, LE, LRP, and ad-hoc analysis for BD opportunities TA Pricing Strategy
- Ability to consistently provide clear and concise written and verbal communication; excellent presentation skills, excellent English communication skills (both oral and written). Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting
- Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience. Requires high levels of competence, confidence and credibility in engaging senior leaders, as well as cross-functional teams, and achieving high quality deliverables through strong collaboration
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.