As part of our interview process, a portfolio of work will be requested.
- Design and develop content for eLearning and/or instructor-led courses
- Develop dialogue scripts, apply graphic design skills, program user interactions, and record software simulations, demonstrations and/or voiceovers
- Create exercises and activities to enhance the learning process
- Transform technical content into engaging and immersive learning experiences
- Design and develop additional training materials, including PowerPoint presentations, participant and facilitator guides, and job aids
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to create and edit training
- Review and edit existing eLearning solutions to keep them current and relevant
- Remain current with technology tools and trends in Digital Learning
- Develop assessments of the effectiveness of the learning materials
- Assist with Project Management
- If consultants are employed to design course materials, review, provide feedback and redesign materials as necessary
- Mentor colleagues in eLearning techniques
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge and skills in using Storyline 360 and other Articulate 360 tools
- Advanced proficiency and proven experience in eLearning design and development, with a portfolio that highlights a diverse breadth of eLearning course development projects including technical content
- Mastery in visual design and usability for eLearning and other types of digital learning
- Strong writing skills with the ability to express complex technical information in a clear and precise manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and verbal English is a requirement
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Superior customer service orientation with strong follow-up skills and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts and team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Well-developed skills in preparing and delivering presentations
- Ability to adopt and learn new technologies
- Familiarity with instructional design theories and methodologies
- Experience developing compliance trainings
- Understanding of learning principles and application in a technical environment
- Experience in measuring and tracking the effectiveness and impact of learning solutions
- Experience within a pharmaceutical/biotechnology organization
- 7+ years of experience as eLearning developer and a bachelor's degree in instructional design, education, communications, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as eLearning developer and a master's degree in instructional design, education, communications, or related field
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.