Director, Regulatory Affairs
Gilead Regulatory Affairs is a committed and proud team of highly skilled professionals dedicated to helping deliver therapies in the most efficient and effective way to patients with unmet medical need around the world. We bring our passion for science, discovery, and innovative strategic thinking into everything we do. Our advanced regulatory expertise, track record for developing systems and processes, and our commitment to science allow us to play a strategic role as leaders at Gilead and with global regulatory bodies as we seek to develop new therapies for unmet needs.
We are an inclusive and diverse community, which is supported by strong leaders who are committed to providing individual development and growth opportunities while achieving our mission. Our collaborative and supportive structure help support work-life balance for our teams.
The Director will serve as the Global Regulatory Lead with the Global Development Team/s and will provide strategic regulatory guidance for assigned programs in the inflammation therapeutic area. The GRL will represent regulatory affairs at cross-functional team meetings and will serve as the primary contact with the FDA for the assigned project(s).
- Represents GRA and serves as a Core member of the cross functional Project Team and provides overall regulatory input for the project(s) globally
- The GRL will work transversally to ensure a properly functional regulatory project team. The GRL facilitates the development and implementation of local regulatory strategy working with the regulatory platforms, regions and/or the countries. The GRL will ensure the development of robust global regulatory strategies for development program
- The GRL is accountable to present the global regulatory strategy/position to senior management / governance committees as needed.
- Has demonstrated ability to act as primary Company contact with Regulatory Authorities. May have experience working with Regulatory Authorities in multiple territories.
- Responsible for leading all regulatory activities for assigned project(s) and territories, in line with ICH requirements, regional requirements and scientific and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing and/or overseeing the preparation of technically complex regulatory affairs which require extensive interaction with departments outside of Regulatory Affairs for investigational and commercial products, in line with ICH requirements, regional requirements and scientific and company policies and procedures. Examples include briefing documents, supplements and license renewals to clinical trial applications and marketing authorizations, and original INDs/CTAs and NDAs/MAAs for assigned territories.
- Develop pediatric regulatory strategies and contribute to preparation of investigation plans for HA submissions, i.e. PIP/PSP
- Oversees preparation and maintenance of country specific labeling and product packaging (region specific)
- Ensures up-to-date knowledge of highly complex regulatory requirements, contributes to preparation of new regulatory guidances, comments on draft regulatory guidances, and communicates changes in regulatory information to project teams and senior management.
- Initiates local process improvements and contributes to local and / or global process improvements, SOP updates, which have a significant impact for the Regulatory Affairs Department or other departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be capable of developing and implementing regulatory strategy and of managing complex negotiations with Regulatory Authorities.
- Work is performed under consultative direction towards corporate regulatory goals and objectives.
- Schedules and arranges own activities and those of direct report(s) (if applicable).
- Previous people management experience is preferred.
- Is recognized as an expert resource for Regulatory Advice in other departments
Education & Experience:
- Direct interaction/negotiation with regulatory authorities (e.g. FDA, EMA)
- Strong strategic skills including the ability to make complex decisions and willingness to defend difficult positions.
- 12+ years of experience in Regulatory Affairs or other relevant industry experience with BS/BA
- 10+ years of experience in Regulatory Affairs or other relevant industry experience with advanced degree
- Degree in a scientific field is preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.