Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionSenior Manager - Project Management – Process Development
Gilead is seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Senior Manager, Project Management to work at our Oceanside Biologics development and clinical manufacturing site, with direct responsibility for supporting the Biologics Process Development (BPD) organization. This position will work with other project managers to drive drug development programs, projects, goals and initiatives in a dynamic and fast paced organization.
This role will work in close collaboration with all departments at the site and will also partner with CMC Project Management, external manufacturing, and other corporate and global functions, as needed to support development projects as well as process development organizational deliverables and strategies. This position will report to the Oceanside site PMO head.
The Oceanside Site PMO is accountable for providing project management support for all site activities, including Project, Resource, and Portfolio Management, Risk Management, Knowledge Management, Contracts Management, Business Analytics, Site Strategy, and Site Communications. As a member of the Oceanside PMO department this role will serve as the bridge between the BPD organization and the rest of the site.
This highly motivated individual will support project and organizational leaders in two key areas: 1) Project management for biologics drug development projects and 2) Implementing and managing organizational business processes and systems that will enable efficient and sustainable biologics process development outcomes.Job Responsibilities
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Provide PM support to the Biologics Process Development (BPD) leadership team and oversight for governance and business processes.
- Manage development of presentations and communications for senior leadership, including facilitation of strategy sessions, gap assessments and roadmap development for strategic initiatives and organizational objectives.
- Provide project management support for cross-functional drug substance development projects including the development and maintenance of project plans in Smartsheet for multiple development projects simultaneously in alignment with established site PMO guidelines.
- Actively manage timelines with a clear understanding of dependencies and critical path, ensuring project milestones are met.
- Organize, facilitate, and co-lead team meetings.
- Develop agendas, prepare minutes, track actions, maintain a risk register, and distribute key project information in a timely manner.
- Lead project risk management efforts, proactively identifying risks, developing strategies to address them appropriately, and driving the teams to successfully overcome issues and challenges.
- Develop and maintain project management tools. Proactively work to onboard best-in-class PM processes and tools/templates and support harmonization of these across projects, teams and organizations.
- Establish strong working relationships across departments, with key stakeholders and senior management to facilitate effective communication and transparency.
- Foster a team culture of accountability.
- Support continuous improvement efforts across projects, identifying and addressing gaps and opportunities. Contribute towards sustainability of project and program management processes.
- Represent site PMO in meetings and forums
- 7+ years of relevant experience, BS in science, or 8+ years of relevant experience and MS or MBA. PMP a strong plus.
- Experience should include at least 5 years of participation in cross-functional project management activities.
- Experience managing Biologics drug development projects and/or teams required
- Knowledgeable in cGMP manufacturing and CMC regulatory requirements for biopharmaceuticals is a strong plus.
- Able to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, analytical, and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively across matrix teams
- Must be highly organized, proactive, efficient, and agile.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Microsoft Project and/or Smartsheet is required.
- Smartsheet project management tool expertise highly desired
- Must exhibit high emotional intelligence, with demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate through challenging situations, difficult conversations, and ambiguous assignments.
- Skilful at building trust and team cohesion, with demonstrated track record of driving and leading teams, and influencing colleagues at all levels of the organization to achieve team, group, functional and corporate goals.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.