Associate Scientist, Tumor Biology (non-PhD)
Pfizer's Oncology Research Unit (ORU) in La Jolla, California, is seeking an Associate Scientist (BS level) focused on translating basic discoveries in the field of tumor biology into novel therapeutics.
In this role, the candidate will work together with a team of motivated and scientifically rigorous scientists to perform laboratory-based research in a collaborative team environment, interpret and present findings at team/project meetings and function as an integral member of the team to advance drug programs. This position will provide the motivated candidate with ample opportunity for scientific growth through exposure to all aspects of the drug discovery process.How You Will Achieve It
- Perform routine cell culture and molecular biology experiments to support discovering novel targets/therapeutics, target evaluation and mechanism of action studies for cancer therapy.
- Analyze, document, and present high-quality data at internal meetings.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence, urgency, partnerships with key stakeholders, continuous learning and improvement, increasing technical skill base and cancer biology expertise; take a proactive role in personal growth and scientific development.
- B.S. degree in the fields of biology, biochemistry, or similar field.
- General knowledge of safe laboratory practices, including some hands-on experience doing basic pipetting, dilutions, etc.
- Highly productive, motivated to learn, well organized with attention to detail, and able to multi-task.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate in multidisciplinary project teams, including solid verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Pharmaceutical and biotech drug discovery experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with basic data analysis software.
- Knowledge and understanding of cancer biology including cancer cell cycle regulation.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Perform work in a laboratory setting.
- Extended periods of sitting and standing.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Last Date to Apply: June 30th, 2022
- Work Location Assignment: On Premise.
On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it’s needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development#LI-PFE