Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
What You Will Achieve
This position will be part of BTx Pharmaceutical Research & Development located in Andover, MA. This position will be part of Pharmaceutical Research and Development within BioTherapeutics Pharmaceutical Sciences. The Scientist will participate in the development of parenteral formulations for biologics modalities such as monoclonal antibodies, proteins, vaccines, and viral vectors for genomic therapeutics. This is a laboratory-based position performing formulation and process development activities for biologic products from pre-clinical and Ph I clinical trials through manufacturing process performance qualification, license application and commercialization. This position will be responsible for performing analytical characterization of candidate formulations by using various biophysical and biochemical characterization techniques. Furthermore, this position will assist in developing processes for drug product manufacturing. The colleague will be responsible for data compilation, data presentations and report writing. The scientist will interact with cross functional development teams working with all levels of employees.
It is your dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Participating in developing parenteral formulations for biotherapeutic modalities; help develop manufacturing processes for these parenteral drug products
- Perform rapid, comprehensive characterization of candidate molecules to determine the stability profile and apply this information to develop an appropriate dosage form to meet clinical needs.
- This will be achieved by applying various biophysical and biochemical techniques such as HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), capillary gel electrophoresis (CGE), imaged capillary electrophoresis (iCE), spectroscopy techniques such as UV and fluorescence spectroscopy, circular dichroism and FTIR.
- Assist in the development and scale-up of drug product manufacturing processes, including liquid filling operations, filtration and lyophilization, from bench top to pilot scale, and, as required, technology transfer to manufacturing plants.
- Data generated by the incumbent will be utilized to nominate dosage forms, support clinical trial applications, scale-up and enable transfer of manufacturing processes, and to support product licensure-related activities.
The Scientist must be able to interact effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists for formulation optimization and overall candidate progression. This position will be responsible for preparing data summary presentations, compiling data, and authoring technical reports and regulatory filings associated with his/her work. Effective communication skills are desirable for interactions with laboratory scientists, project managers and colleagues from numerous functions, serving on multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Bachelor's Degree with in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Pharmacy, Biochemistry or equivalent with 6+ years experience OR Master's Degree in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Pharmacy, Biochemistry or equivalent with 4+ years experience
- 3 years industrial experience in parenteral formulation and process development of protein, peptide, vaccine, viral vector, or other biologic therapeutics.
- Basic knowledge of protein or nucleic acid chemistry, degradation pathways, and stabilization techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of drug development processes for progression of a biological candidate.
- Experience with protein analytical methods such as HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), Capillary Gel electrophoresis (CGE), imaged Capillary Electrophoresis (iCE), spectroscopy techniques
- Familiarity with viral vectors for the delivery of therapeutic nucleic acids.
- Familiarity with lyophilization and lyophilization cycle development.
- Familiarity with parenteral manufacturing requirements, including media fills, environmental monitoring, container/closure integrity, and commercial unit operations.
- Familiarity with GLP/GMP requirements.
- Familiarity in scale-up and technology transfer to pilot/commercial scale.
Other Job Information
- Last Date to Apply: July 5, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development