We are currently searching for a UI/UX Designer to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a UI/UX designer, you will be responsible for user research, generating mockups, user’s task flows, and contributing to visual design on web applications. This includes, but not limited to:
- Translating user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems.
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes using mockup tools such as Visio, Sketch, Figma, and/or Adobe XD.
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets.
- Testing UI elements such as page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages to get UX feedback.
- Gathering and organizing UI/UX requirements and feedback from internal teams and external clients for data-driven prioritization of UI/UX projects.
- Collaborating with technical leads and developers to implement the design on the applications by sharing visual assets and code via GitHub repo.
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design for consistent design and user experience on the applications.
- Contributing visual design and user experience feedback to design docs during the feature planning process.
- Work with and assisting a senior UI/UX designer to establish and maintain a style guide for the branch.
- Employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions.
- Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design.
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making.
- Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Present design concepts and research findings to partners and senior leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic/web design and visual communication, and a minimum of five (5) years’ UI/UX design experience for digital products or services in combination of following:
- At least two (2) years of experience with User Experience design
- At least two (2) years of experience with Data Visualization
- At least two (2) years of experience using UI design tools
- At least one (1) year of experience with prototyping tools
- Experience with User Centered Design
- Ability to interpret, understand, and graphically illustrate biomedical concepts for a range of audiences. Includes ability to analyze complex scientific details and research findings.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, Figma, InVision, Visio, iOS, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Adobe XD).
- Understanding of principles of web development.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Should be a self-starter who enjoys optimizing user interfaces and experiences for a global audience to support the delivery of projects around the world
- Background in background in bioscientific visualization
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and computational biologists.
- Experience developing bioinformatics applications.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.