Electrical Engineer - Capital Project and Design
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Job Posting Title
Principal Engineer - Electrical Technical LeadLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role the Engineering Technical Authority (ETA) within Amgen Corporate Engineering leads the design effort for critical projects as well as provides technical expertise and direction across Amgens global operations network. This position is part of the ETA organization that includes Process Systems, Facilities and Utilities, Site Project Engineering, Maintenance and Metrology functions. The Principal Engineer Electrical Discipline Lead will be part of the implementation of capital projects design and delivery teams, among other responsibilities, and will collaborate with the Site Engineering Services Team.
This role manages and/or applies extensive technical expertise in the coordination of multiple, complex, non-routine projects involving the planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, maintenance and alteration of systems facilities or processes. This position interacts with multiple levels and functions across the organization. Candidate must have strong leadership and collaboration skills, and the ability to approach technical issues with a science based mentality while provides clear direction within the area of expertise.Key responsibilities include:
- Establish electrical engineering policies for a major segment of the company.
- Interpret, implement, and recommend modifications to company-wide policies.
- Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts in the development of electrical scope of works for complex to medium capital projects.
- Perform work that involves in-depth investigation of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas of investigation, and development of novel concept.
- Conceive plans and conduct engineering research/investigation in areas of considerable scope and complexity.
- Able to work with EHSS in support of electrically related safety initiatives, plans, and investigations.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The engineering professional we seek will possess these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree in Engineering and 2 years of direct experience in a related technical subject area OR
- Masters degree in Engineering and 6 years of direct experience in a related technical subject area OR
- Bachelors degree in Engineering and 8 years of direct experience in a related technical subject area
- Associates degree in Engineering and 10 years of direct experience in a related technical subject area OR
- High School Diploma/GED and 12 years of direct experience in a related technical subject area
- Professional registration, such as a Professional Engineer license
- Familiarity and/or experience working in a regulated environment, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- The successful candidate will have experience in delivery of large capital projects with responsibilities for the electrical design.
- Knowledge of regulations (e.g. cGMP, building codes, fire codes, electrical codes, OSHA, LEED, Energy codes) to ensure compliance. Represent Amgen with outside firms, technical societies and regulatory bodies.
- The Principal Engineer deploys engineering expertise from within the company (global and site-based authorities) as well as expertise from our industry to optimize Amgens assets throughout their life cycle
- Planning: Translate business needs into engineering technology and design solutions. Lead analysis of alternatives and recommendations for technical solutions in major projects. Lead Engineering in development and implementation of corporate initiatives, goals & projects.
- Design: Lead design and electrical requirements during the equipment selection of process, utilities, laboratory and building systems to optimize quality and cost across the total life cycle of assets. Ensure appropriate use of technology, and alignment to standards/practices. Approve appropriate exceptions to Amgen standards and specifications.
- Construction: Provide engineering support during construction, resolve technical issues, and ensure project objectives are met. Ensure commissioning standards are developed and implemented during system qualification.
- Operations and Maintenance: Assist sites in troubleshooting, and remediation to prevent future occurrence throughout the network. Support the implementation of sustainable and digital solutions to advance performance.
- Sustainability: Support Amgens environmental sustainability
- Ability to provide direction and guidance to external design firms to delivery capital projects
- Ability to optimally lead and partner in matrixed organizations
- Interacts optimally with variety of communication and working styles
- Ability to provide solutions to a large variety of technical problems of moderate to large complexity and scope
- Problem solving skills requiring the application of scientific and engineering theory and calculations and creative skills in the development of hypotheses and approach
- The position requires the ability to travel as needed to deliver the project including overnight stays.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.