Sr. Principal Research Associate, Molecular Pathology
We seek a highly skilled, talented, and motivated Sr. Principal Research Associate to join our collaborative group. This team member will participate in developing and performing routine and specialized tissue-based assays to characterize mRNA delivery and protein expression to support the advancement of Moderna’s mRNA technology platform and pipeline. This position requires strong reasoning, detail orientation and problem-solving abilities.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
Work in a timely and efficient manner to generate high quality data to support research and early development programs.
Performs IHC, IF, and ISH staining on tissue sections and subsequent image acquisition and analysis.
General laboratory work including lab equipment maintenance, QC of inventory, and sample management.
Record experimental results and communicate findings.
Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
Collaborate with project team members and peers to anticipate and resolve day-to-day issues working in a matrix organizational structure.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
BS/MS (Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related science) with at least 3-5 years relevant industry experience performing histopathology assays.
Experience with performing IHC/ISH staining assays and knowledge of automated systems (i.e. Leica and Ventana autostainers).
Histopathology laboratory experience preferred with general knowledge related to staining tissue specimen, and whole slide scanners.
Ability to multi-task to meet timelines, and technology development and research goals.
Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
Collaborative, enthusiastic, and eager to participate in multiple collaborative projects in a cross-functional team environment
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.#LI-NB1