Senior Scientist, DMPK - Biomarker
About Maze Therapeutics
Maze is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company harnessing the power of human genetics to transform the lives of patients through the development of a pipeline of novel precision medicines for patients with genetically defined diseases. Maze is leveraging Compass™, a proprietary, end-to-end purpose built platform to advance a pipeline of precision medicines across four disease areas - renal, cardiac, neurological and metabolic diseases. Our flexible business model aims to translate our genetic insights into new therapies for patients as possible.
Maze is comprised of a team of passionate and creative professionals committed to discovering and delivering transformative medicines to patients suffering from both rare and common genetic diseases. We are fostering a culture that encourages vision, initiative and the development of talent. Our supportive work environment inspires creative thinking and freedom of expression, resulting in a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. While we have a passion for advanced science and pride ourselves on excellence in execution, ultimately, everything we do is about patients.
Our Core Values
Further Together – Our path is paved with challenges, but with resilience and a team-first mentality, we’ll achieve our mission.
Impact Obsessed – We embrace the bold, take calculated risks, and learn from our mistakes to improve the lives of others.
Stand True – Our integrity is foundational; it guides us no matter the obstacle.
The DMPK team is looking for a qualified bioanalytical Senior Scientist with experience using LC-MS/MS and LC-HRMS for measurement of endogenous small molecule metabolite and peptide concentrations in various matrices (i.e. CSF, plasma, cell culture, tissue homogenate, etc.). Additional proteomics work also possible. A background in metabolomics and/or proteomics is desired. The ideal candidate will be an expert in LC-MS method development and sample extraction/digestion techniques and should have extensive experience with either Thermo Orbitrap (Fusion and Q-Exactive) or Sciex QQQ systems. While this position will reside in the Maze DMPK department, the successful candidate will work closely with cross functional discovery project teams (including biologists and other biomarker scientists) to determine project needs, develop necessary assays and methods, and analyze and present data.
Your Impact Includes:
- You will develop LC-MS methods for the analysis of endogenous small molecule metabolites and peptide concentrations in various biological matrices; includes method validation and will run assay based on project team needs
- Work closely with CROs, discovery project teams and biomarkers group to determine LC-MS-based biomarker needs and most efficient path forward. Data presentation required
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, multi-task, and meet timelines
- You will troubleshoot methods and instrumentation and help perform routine LC-MS maintenance
- Collaborate with academic groups and CROs to perform exploratory and overflow work
- PhD in relevant field with 5+ years’ experience working with LC-MS systems within a pharmaceutical company, academic institution or CRO
- Demonstrated extensive experience developing validated bioanalytical methods for polar endogenous metabolites and/or peptides
- Familiarity with metabolomics or proteomics software, such as PEAKS X, Compound Discoverer, Proteome Discoverer and BioPharma Finder, a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team-based environment is essential