Associate Scientist– Lipid and Small Molecule Process Sciences
Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We wantall ofour people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
We would be thrilled to welcome a new (Senior) Associate Scientist – Lipid and Small Molecule Process Sciences to our growing team and company. These are very exciting times of growth for Intellia and if you are highly motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented with an operational vision and enjoy working in cross-functional teams, this might be the right position for you.
As a process scientist for lipids and small molecules supporting Intellia’s development pipeline for generating curative genome editing therapies you will be conducting internal/external process development activities (bench scale to demonstration) and analyze manufacturing outcomes and process data to inform optimization of manufacturing processes. Working with a cross-functional team at Intellia as well as at CMOs and CROs responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to setting up a new process development laboratory and establish processes, workflows and general operation for evaluating process parameters for ionizable lipid and other small molecule syntheses at bench scale. Maintain instrumentation, create/document laboratory processes.
- Under guidance from the team, identify opportunities for process improvements execute on proof-of-concept experiments (internally/externally) to inform development activities where appropriate
- Support impurity/degradant profiling and structural elucidation of impurities by NMR techniques. Build and test mechanistic hypotheses. Work with external vendors as appropriate.
- As SME, support the external PD team with reviewing and drafting development reports, Change Control, regulatory documents, MBRs, EBRs, specifications, deviations, RFPs etc. Present context, data and finding to the team and cross-functionally.
- Leveraging your chemical expertise, support other PD activities of the team, as they relate to oligonucleotide synthesis and development operations
If you are a problem-solver, with a chemistry background the initiative to drive activities, who takes on ownership and is curious to learn about all aspects of genome editing using CRISPR, this might be the role for you.
- You hold a BS or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field with 2 or more years of experience in an industrial setting including hands-on laboratory experience in relevant fields
- Ideally you have first experience with the principles of GMP manufacturing as well as an understanding of the pharmaceutical development life cycle
Meet Your Future Team:
The Small Molecule Process Sciences Team (oligonucleotides, lipids, and other small molecule entities) is a highly motivated and active group, with an innate curiosity to learn and drive process development. You will report to a Senior Scientist of Nucleic Acid Therapeutics Development and Manufacturing (NTDM) and will be embedded within the larger NTDM group (mRNA, LNP, sgRNA/SM). While a growing team of currently six team members, you will work closely with the broader NTDM team (approx. 20 individuals) as well as other groups within Technical Operations.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: All Intellia employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.