Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.What You Will Achieve
You will be responsible for generating work orders and ensuring that work is completed correctly in a timely manner. Your knowledge in the domain will help in providing detailed technical training to colleagues. You will support the work team operation to ensure that applicable safety guidelines/policies are followed, and that all tasks are conducted in accordance with appropriate processing standards, such as current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
As part of the Technical Operations team, your prior work experience and ability to apply your breadth of knowledge will help you adapt the standard methods and procedures. You will help us identify required delivery and process improvements that drive increased efficiency, throughput and quality. You will arrive at decisions on which methods and procedures are the best fit for different work situations.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Manage own time, professional development and be accountable for own results.
- Prioritize own workflow and assist in prioritizing the workflow of less-experienced colleagues.
- Keep accurate records as needed for solution manufacture and prepare solutions as directed by work order.
- Recognize when processes, procedures, equipment, product, commodities, etc. are out of specifications.
- Check improper use or monitoring of equipment that may result in substantial downtime, equipment and material or product loss.
- Support supervisor to execute investigations, analyze process data and identify and implement process improvements.
- Prepare regular reports and metrics from Pfizer's Learning Solution and Quality Tracking System to identify training needs and progress with the unit.
The Senior Production Operator III may perform any combination of the following: Operate, tend, monitor, service, changeovers, make minor/major adjustments, assemble, disassemble, clean and sterilize one or more of a variety of production related equipment in compliance with equipment, product and process cGMP's and safety/security regulations. Responsible for the repair and operation of production equipment. Assures equipment meets GMP requirements and PM’s are completed as required.
- Performs necessary machine set-up, repairs, adjustments, changeovers and preventative maintenance on production equipment.
- Makes emergency repairs and replacement of identical parts recommending to supervisor the plan of action on equipment, including replacement, modifications and rebuilding.
- Performs operation of production equipment with responsibility for production efficiency, utility and equipment downtime.
- Follow SOPs, cGMPs, batch records, TCPs, BOMs and POPs.
- Provides recommendation and plan of action to the supervisor on the needed repair of the equipment.
- Responsible for minimizing production line down time and maximizing efficiencies.
- Documents all maintenance performed through the use of the work order system and maintenance logbooks.
- Communicates openly and clearly with line personnel and supervision to accomplish manufacturing goals.
- Requires high school education or equivalent, one-year formal training, plus four years mechanical/refrigeration repair experience or equivalent.
- A minimum 2 years as a SPO and successful completion of the Senior Production Operator II-III Primary and Maintenance Assessments.
- Must possess necessary mechanical skills to perform the required machine set-up, repairs and adjustments in order to keep equipment operating efficiently.
- Must be able to gown aseptically and retain certification regardless of assigned area.
- Must have been proactive with recent prior shutdowns by creating punch-lists, ensuring spare parts are ordered, and working with the PES to help organize.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the work order system, logbook entry and the VCR process. Must demonstrate leadership skills.
- Must have participated in an engineering or maintenance project that was approved by a Maintenance Supervisor.
- Must be able to fill in and operate at any SPO level.
- Exceptional skills in troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing packaging equipment, labelers, fillers, isolated fillers and complex lines or Lyo equipment.
- Computer (PC) experience. Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) is helpful.
- Must be able to read and understand equipment drawings.
- Requires continuous physical activity for repair, adjustment and operation of equipment. Some production areas present exposure to heat, steam and liquids.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of a team.
- Satisfactory performance and attendance is required.
- Must be able to read and write and follow and provide written and oral instructions.
- Vision must be correctable to 20/20.
- Must be able to push, pull and/or lift above shoulders.
- Must be able to communicate and work well interdepartmentally, as well as, with all plant departments. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Able to work assigned shift as well as nights, weekends and holidays as required
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
· Last Date to Apply for Job: July 7, 2022
· Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
***Pfizer now offering ***** sign-on bonus for successful hire through August 31st***
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing#LI-PFE