Sr. Manager Operations, GBS, S&ES, PGS Procurement
For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness. Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
This role is within the Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) Procurement team which is part of Sourcing and Enterprise Services(S&ES) under Global Business Services (GBS). The PGS Procurement Sr. Manager of Operations is responsible for managing key internal business processes, operations, and analytical insights in support of the PGS Procurement team. The individual provides executional support of key global supply programs and activities managed by PGS Procurement in support of its operations and PGS.
As part of the PGS Procurement, this role collaborates extensively with the PGS Procurement Leadership Team, Category Strategy Managers, Site Procurement Leaders, and cross functional teams, such as PGS Finance, Supply Chain, Digital, Quality and Compliance, Environmental Health and Safety, etc.
The key tasks include, but are not limited to:
Client Engagement and operational implementation
- Lead, support, and coordinate PGS Procurement global organizational continuous improvement efforts designed to enhance sustainable organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity; monitor key organizational performance indicators.
- Lead the annual Direct Material Standard Cost development process; serve as key interface with PGS Finance to assure alignment of the related budget processes, output, and management of the budgeting tool(s).
- Support the quarterly Latest Estimate (LE) PPV process
- Lead target setting, monitoring, and review of Purchased Goods and Services Savings, Working Capital and Diversity spend through collaboration with internal business partners
- Work within S&ES and other Pfizer functions and departments to assist budget owners in development of functional operating budgets and LE.
- Support the monitoring of departmental functional budget for PGS Sites, including review of headcount on a monthly basis, analysis of favorability and un-favorability as required.
- Coordinate and execute assigned PGS Procurement team-wide initiatives on behalf of the PGS Procurement team in support of S&ES programs and projects which require cross team/cross functional coordination.
- Support PGS Procurement colleagues globally as a key point of contact for internal business processes and operation questions/concerns.
- Develop written communications for business processes to provide direction and updates that are cascaded or presented to all PGS Procurement colleagues.
Reporting and Data Analysis
- Manage the review, oversight and action key performance measures and information in support of: Operating Unit, category strategy management, departmental budget management, opportunity assessment, standard cost development, Purchase Price Variance (PPV) tracking, savings initiatives. Interface with PGS Finance as appropriate.
- Manage, create mechanisms (where necessary), maintain progress updates of current status against goals/targets; Continuously monitor and generate reports / scorecards on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis as applicable. Metrics include: Gross and Net savings, Working Capital, Supplier Diversity, etc.
- Provide ongoing review of department expenditures to aid PGS Procurement leadership with assuring budget achievement.
- Develop and leverage existing tools and data to help determine financial net and gross targets for Direct Materials and Global Indirects. Variables considered: Budgeted Spend (Historical and Future), Gross Savings, Net Savings, Long range savings projections.
- Represent the PGS Procurement team on the PGS recognition program; support, track, and publish results of company recognition programs via communication vehicles, as applicable.
- Collaborate and align effectively with various stakeholders and enabling functions, as needed; including Source to Contracts, Measurements and Metrics, PGS Finance to ensure consistency in process and reporting
- Support PGS Procurement leaders and sourcing colleagues with development and interpretation of relevant data to support stakeholder meetings, strategic projects (such as business development activities, sourcing risk assessments and strategies, benchmarking efforts), supplier or market data research.
- B.S. (or equivalent) in business or a technical discipline. MBA preferred.
- At least 7 - 10 years broad based pharmaceutical, or related, industry experience in areas such as sourcing, procurement, manufacturing operations, quality assurance, materials management, or relevant technical/analytical discipline.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry Category buyer, senior analyst or sourcing experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and strategic skills; ability to assess large volume of data and develop concise summaries and assessments to determine path forward; data manipulation and visualization tools/techniques. Extensive experience leading through matrixed teams without direct line authority.
- Strong collaboration/relationship-building skills and ability to engage across multiple functions, including technical and business
- Demonstrated experience with financial, budget, and accounting management, as well as their associated systems, in a corporate environment.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to respond with professionalism in verbal as well as written communications.
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated business acumen, strong project management skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, can respond to tight timelines, demonstrates managerial courage as well as the capability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Demonstrated leadership ability in cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to synthesize problems and develop impactful strategies and solutions to address them
- Ability to drive execution of strategies, acting independently and/or in collaboration with other stakeholders as appropriate
- Ability to engage and collaborate effectively with stakeholders from different areas and in complex organizational environments effective matrix engagement capability is critical
- Ability to communicate, influence, and operate effectively across business functions and organizational levels
- Excellent judgment as well as the ability to work with confidential documents and information and excellent follow-up skills
- Proven ability to understand requirements and impacts from both technical and business perspectives
- Ability to take initiative within a strong team-oriented environment
- Ability to anticipate issues/needs and to work proactively to address them
- Ability to work flexible hours and in a global working environment
- Extensive personal computer application skills, specifically on Microsoft platforms (Teams, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP -ECC, Business Objects), as well as data analytics and visualization tools (Alteryx, Tableau) a plus
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other Job Details
- Relocation support available
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Global Procurement#LI-PFE