Regional Sales Director, North Central- Neuro
The Parkinson’s Disease (PD) Regional Sales Director (RSD) is responsible for maximizing business opportunities with approved on-market products (drug device combination) for the Parkinson’s Franchise. The PD RSD will report to the Sales Director, Parkinson’s, and will have 6-8 Account Executives and 1 Regional Account Executive as direct reports. The PD RSD, and respective team, will develop and maintain strategic business relationships with accounts through interactions with approved Movement Disorder Specialists, Neurologists, Advance Practice Providers, Health Care Professionals, nurses, executive level personnel, department managers, and various other support staff. Business relationships will focus on increasing education on product benefits/risks and awareness of current therapeutic gaps, consistent with approved labels, developing new business and expand current business, maximizing resource utilization, and increasing sales aimed at achieving sales plan for the assigned Parkinson’s product portfolio. The PD RSD will compliantly collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure Regional and Franchise success.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates in-field activity to achieve results with specified targets. Maximizes market, segment, and team dynamics to drive both top and bottom-line results
- Ensures smooth, collaborative efforts in both day to day and long-term business execution. Sets tone and pace for business process and organization.
- Understands and represents a franchise/company point of view when leading teams
- Coaches, mentors, educates, and develops direct and indirect team members to enhance individual skills and to elevate overall team and franchise performance. Holds direct reports accountable to behaviors and expectations.
- Consistently exemplifies the AbbVie Ways of Working.
- Works in conjunction with AE and RAE team members to perform all aspects of total account management, including developing and maintaining strategic business relationships, and establishing multi-level relationships, with Top Movement Disorder Centers and strategically selected accounts with the intent to increase education on product benefits/risks consistent with approved label, develop new business, maximize resource utilization, and increase sales aimed at achieving sales plan for the assigned Parkinson’s product portfolio.
- Leverages opportunities to understand and address customer needs. Builds and maintains relationships across accounts that result in opportunities to benefit patients and HCPs. Consistently partners with AbbVie in-field and in-house teams to identify, design and/or adapt appropriate approaches and tactics.
- Creates, implements, and communicates strategic and tactical plans for targeted accounts. Monitor and report sales progress. Provide routine communications to all internal and external (as applicable) stakeholders.
- Develops a strong command of available resources and tools; fully leverages those resources to support selling strategies to maximize impact. Takes an innovative, yet compliant, approach when planning and applying resources and tools. Models the way for AEs and RAE.
- Attend and actively participate in local neurology society meetings, conferences, patient programs, support groups, advocacy events, etc., some of which occur in the evenings or weekends. Represent AbbVie and assigned products at such venues to build or enhance relationships and education on product, increasing awareness. Channel key information, developments, or findings to internal partners/stakeholders. All attendance and communications in these forums are within OEC and Legal guidance with all product discussions on-label.
- Remain current on all clinical, market, and payer developments, trends, and issues specific to Parkinson’s Disease.
- Complete all AbbVie required training and maintain adherence to all company policies and OEC/Legal procedures.
- An essential requirement of your position is to meet health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing requirements for entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases.
- Represent AbbVie as a partner of choice in the Parkinson’s and Neuroscience space with HCP and Patient Organizations
Basic Candidate Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years pharmaceutical experience
- Consistent top performer, history of successful performance in a challenging market space or product portfolio
- Set vision, strategy, execute tactics, build, and inspire teams
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to build credibility and trust in a collaborative manner with both internal and external stakeholders
- History of navigating the matrix environment within accounts and complex customers such as IDNs, Academic Institutions, Hospitals, Large Groups practices, etc.
- Demonstrate a high level of patient centricity and is comfortable with compliant direct patient interaction in different forums
- Parkinson’s, Neuroscience, and/or Specialty pharma with 5+ years of Account Management experience with high level performance
- Specialty Pharmacy product / Medical device and/or medication pump delivery sales experience (i.e., Diabetic pump)
- Previous pharma leadership experience and formal in-house role
- Pharmaceutical launch experience (complex and novel products) in sales, training, marketing, or other roles
- Experience providing education and partnering with Advocacy organizations and support groups