Lead Optical Engineer
Prellis Biologics employs 2-photon holography to print human tissues and organs in real time. Current applications of our platform include printing of lymph node organoids, which we are using to generate in vitro human antibody libraries, camelid antibody libraries, in vitro human immunogenicity screening, human primary tumor/lymph node co-cultures for therapeutic screening, and vaccine R&D. Prellis’ ability to print and culture healthy human tissue provides it with unique opportunities for generating and screening next generation human therapeutics.
Prellis is seeking a Lead Optical Engineer who is an expert in free space optical design, build and implementation of novel optical systems. Ideally the candidate will have experience working with high-power femtosecond pulsed laser systems and a PhD in the field of Optical or Electrical Engineering or comparable experience.
The ideal candidate will be
- Skilled in optical design, mechanics, modeling, and laser based system analysis
- Experienced in fine alignment processes, techniques, and hardware execution
- Successful prototyping and characterization to production quality optical systems.
- Experience with nonlinear spatio-temporally focused two photon laser based systems
- Experience with optical system characterization, debugging, and control
- Impactful leadership capabilities with cross-functional teams and ability to work as an individual contributor on site.
- Experience working in dynamic, interdisciplinary environments
- Experience with embedded systems design, programming, and optomechanical design and controls
- Experience characterizing and resolving resolution, throughput, or image quality issues
- Experience in both R&D and production / manufacturing settings
- This job will be 80-100% full time on-site at our facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area.