Marketing Senior Manager, Rheumatology (US-Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Marketing Senior Manager, RheumatologyLive
What you will doJob Description
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within the Inflammation Business Unit, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through ambitious assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities!
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will lead the execution of the strategy, including creative development of marketing materials to support the OTEZLA sales force, Rheumatology congresses and OTEZLA speaker programs. In addition, this individual will deliver planning and execution of sales force meetings, shape brand-building marketing plans and supporting tactics to accelerate OTEZLA growth.
This position will consist of agency and vendor management, as well as matrix management across Amgens commercial, medical, legal, and regulatory enterprises.Specific responsibilities:
- Lead creation of Otezla speaker program presentation decks
- Manage speaker bureau including supporting speaker training, compliance, and product theater speaker management
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain professional relationships with established and up-and-coming regional Opinion Leaders
- Work cross functionally to drive and develop aligned external engagement strategies across multiple cross functional teams including medical, training, marketing, and sales
- Lead HCP Promo tool development
- Partner with Marketing colleagues to develop advisory board strategy, content, advisory recommendations, and attend advisory boards as appropriate
- Manage brand activity at key regional and national Rheumatology conferences, including product theaters, and other brand activities
- Manage regional sponsorship budget, including securing sponsorships, speaker contracts and implementing regional congress plan
- Coordinate closely with the sales team to ensure alignment with sales strategy and identify any gaps
- Provide customer and market insights back to the marketing team and provide input into P2P development, advisory boards, and strategy
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Marketing professional we seek is a Manager with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organizationOr
Masters degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organizationOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organizationOr
Associates Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organizationOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organizationPreferred Qualifications
- MBA in marketing, healthcare management, or related subject area
- 2+ years of experience in developing, implementing, and measuring campaigns for specialty products or experience promoting statins
- Record of growing responsibility within sales and marketing
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across partners to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure flawless execution
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact
- Outstanding project leadership skills and experience managing multiple vendors and agency partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing and implementing clinical marketing programs
- Demonstrated track record of flexibility to adapt to evolving market dynamics
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.