Supplier Relationship Manager - Supply Chain
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Supplier Relationship ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this pivotal role, you will accountable for leading cross-functional teams of supplier relationships and supporting raw material category initiatives.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with small to mid-sized suppliers
- Lead multiple cross-functional raw material onboarding, life cycle management, and operational excellence projects of medium to high complexity
- Lead internal and external cross-functional teams including facilitating meetings, documenting meeting minutes, action items, driving the decision-making process, and advancing challenges appropriately
- Communicate priorities to product, functional, and regional partners. Identify risks and mitigation plans, resolve issues, and increase to appropriate governance as needed
- Coordinate creation of/update and storage of onboarding-related documents in a central repository
- Generating and coordinating business performance through metrics / KPIs to assemble presentation materials for management reviews and governance meetings
- Facilitate strategic discussions with management and suppliers
- Apply project management processes, software, and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet internal and external customer expectations
- Responsible for the communication strategy with all areas of the internal enterprise and external network that impact scope, budget, risk and resources of the work being handled
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives that deliver measurable improvement in supply reliability, quality performance, and efficiency
- Apply the knowledge, skills, and tools of project management and Operational Excellence to optimize end-to-end material management processes
- Promote adoption of collaboration tools to optimize business performance management reviews and streamline business processes
- Periodic travel required up to 10%.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 2 years of Operations experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of Operations experience
- Associates degree and 10 years of Operations experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Quality, Supply Chain, and/or Manufacturing experience
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills, and influencing skills vertically and horizontally with integrity. Process oriented with business savviness.
- Well-versed in leading people from diverse cultures and geographic locations, and enables conflict resolution with diplomacy
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills; experience with project management tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams, consistently deliver timely, and ensure high-quality results
- Collaborates and communicates well with others, able to balance divergent inputs from various partners and drive issue resolution
- Ability to operate in a matrixed or team environment with site, functional, and executive leadership
- Experience driving decision-making using DAI principles
- GMP environment work experience and thorough understanding of biological/chemistry technology transfer processes and timelines
- Previous experience in onboarding and managing the life cycle of raw materials
- Knowledge of raw material specification development and regulatory variation management processes
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.