Director, Value Capture
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Director, Value Capture
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Results Delivery Office (RDO) is an advisory arm of the company designed to help Amgen achieve its mission to serve patients. We work directly for and with senior leadership and their organizations at all levels to drive transformation and adapt to change. The RDO focuses on developing a rigorous and repeatable operating rhythm framework and execution system to ensure delivery of company-wide commitments and priorities including process simplification, enterprise-wide continuous improvement, advancing a culture of resilience, and demonstrating change management best practices.
In order to fulfill Amgens mission of serving patients in an increasingly complex and dynamic landscape, we must continue to evolve how we deliver value for our patients, customers, and internal collaborators. Value Capture is the field of comprehensive value realization identifying, creating, capturing, and sustaining quantifiable value across multiple dimensions (e.g. experience, speed, quality, risk, cost).
In this vital role you will be accountable for developing our Value Capture strategy and building a team and capability within the RDO to support our enterprise transformation program (Process Simplification and Automation) as well as our enterprise performance management system (Operating Rhythm). In this capacity, the Value Capture team will work with cross-functional partners spanning the entire enterprise to identify and quantify opportunities for value creation, develop value realization metrics and dashboards, and track progress towards targets and commitments.
- Formalize the Value Capture Strategy and Operating Model which characterizes how the team will engage and work with the broader organization
- Design and build the Value Capture team and capability within the RDO; leads demand for team resources
- Work with senior leaders, cross-functional partners, and transformation teams to define key business process and initiative outcomes and align on associated sets of holistic value realization metrics
- Collaborate with Process Intelligence, Digital Technology and Innovation (DTI), finance, and cross-functional analytics teams to use existing performance metrics, design and develop new metrics where appropriate including defining data requirements
- Build an approach, toolkit, and framework to develop, define, source, and monitor realization metrics (e.g. metric definition, calculation approach, reporting templates)
- Develop a model to describe our metrics maturity considering the level of data availability, quality, automation, visualization, advanced analytics, etc. Help to build roadmaps aimed at advancing metric maturity where desired.
- Establish a system for monitoring transformation portfolio and reporting on initiative value realization (baselines, targets, value realization dates and implementation achievements)
- Support CEO staff requests for metric development, performance monitoring, and commitment tracking
- Develop dashboards and operationalize aggregation and reporting mechanisms; partner closely with other functions and initiatives such as Sensing
- Partners with finance to ensure realization measures and benefits are appropriately reflected in annual targets and long-range forecasts
- Develops and nurtures a culture of continuous improvement; works with leaders in the business to deploy value realization approach as a means of running the day-to-day business and ensuring capabilities are embedded in the business
- Oversees coordination of activities and information flow between cross-functional partners including process owners, analysts, DTI, and RDO to ensure smooth execution
- Provides guidance to team and collaborators on standard methodologies for Value Realization and Capture
- Support business case development as needed in partnership with analytics and finance teams
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a strong leader with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 4 years of business, finance, analytics, data science, engineering, operations, or related experienceOR
Masters degree and 8 years of business, finance, analytics, data science, engineering, operations, or related experienceOR
Bachelors degree and 10 years of business, finance, analytics, data science, engineering, operations, or related experienceAnd
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Leadership:demonstrated ability to lead both direct reports and cross-functional teams; strong situational leadership skills
- Accountability and Autonomy:ability to effectively prioritize team's workload, operate independently and deliver high-quality work output, understand what it means to own something and be accountable
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:ability to complex and ambiguous problems, provide clarity of thought, and deliver results. Able to apply DAI model and make risk appropriate decisions, escalate in a timely manner when necessary
- Data analysis, visualization & storytelling:strong ability to collect, process, clean, structure, analyze, synthesize, and present data efficiently and effectively. Comfortable working with data in a variety of formats and common applications (e.g. Tableau, Excel, etc.).
- Financial Analysis:robust financial and business analysis capabilities (business cases, NPV, understanding of financial statements)
- Teamwork:builds strong relationships across the network, can effectively empower and influence cross functional teams and a diverse set of collaborators at all levels
- Communication:strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to distill complex information and tailor communications in a concise, logical, audience-appropriate manner
- Comfortable in start-up environment of a new Amgen group
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.