Clinical Biomarker Functional Lead
HOOKIPA Pharma Inc. (NASDAQ: HOOK) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel immunotherapies that mobilize and amplify targeted T cells to address unmet needs in cancer.
This leveraging its proprietary, versatile platform to engineer a broad pipeline of differentiated arenaviral therapeutics. These novel immunotherapies induce robust antigen-specific killer T cells to a broad range of self and non-self antigens, including viral antigens, tumor-associated antigens and neoantigens. HOOKIPA’s platform technology uses replicating viral vectors based on the target cancer, with the potential to induce killer T cell response levels previously not achieved by other immunotherapy approaches.
HOOKIPA’s pipeline includes wholly-owned investigational arenaviral immunotherapeutics targeting HPV16+ cancers, prostate cancer, KRAS-mutated cancers (including colorectal, pancreatic and lung), and other undisclosed projects. In addition, the company aims to develop functional cures of HBV and HIV in collaboration with Gilead.
The Clinical Biomarker team at HOOKIPA Pharma Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual who can work cross-functionally with team members in Research, Translational Sciences and Clinical Development, to develop and optimize assays for driving strategies to understand mechanisms related to therapy response and resistance and to evaluate clinical biomarkers. Experience with analysis of multi-dimensional data sets and a strong understanding of mechanisms and immune pathways in human disease is highly desirable.
- Describe the main tasks here, by using the displayed bullets
- Oversight of the development, validation, and execution of clinical biomarker assays with external and internal analytical laboratories/CROs
- Implement clinical biomarker analysis in appropriate clinically validated assay/methodologies.
- Manage the development and implementation fit-for purpose of clinical and translational biomarker assays, to inform proof of concept, pharmacodynamics, mechanism of action, and patient stratification/selection in support of the progression of therapeutic candidates
- Analyze, QC, visualize, and summarize clinical biomarker data, (NGS, RT-qPCR, MSD and Flowcytometry) data from CROs
- Understand and interpret the biomarker and immunogenicity data and the impact of the result so decision can be made based on the outcome of the data.
- Continuously evaluate newer, innovative technology platforms and applicability to clinical biomarker testing.
- Manage, data analysis, interpterion of clinical biomarker data and compilation of data
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ph.D. in Biological sciences (immunology, molecular biology, oncology)
- 5-7 years postgraduate, biotechnology, or industry experience.
- Extensive experience with the development and validation of protein- and/or nucleic acid-based assays such as Flow Cytometry, IHC, PCR, genomic profiling and gene expression analysis and application of NGS solutions to clinical samples
- Experience with analysis of genomic data originating from clinical trials.
- Understanding of the major concepts of cancer biology as represented in molecular data.
- Experience with a matrix environment and ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and leading a small team of scientist
- Strong organizational and networking skills.
- Broad technical knowledge and experience analyzing complex data such as, nucleic acid transcriptomic data analysis and molecular data from oncology/immune-oncology pipelines in R or python (Some of: STAR, htseq, deseq2, salmon), WES data analysis and interpretation
- Hands-on analysis experience with algorithms for large genetic, genomic, and clinical datasets (e.g. TCGA, GTEx, DepMap), and with analyses focused on liquid biopsies Managing and implementing biomarker assays in clinical trials.
- Vendor management.
What we offer:
- Strong team with dedicated and passionate employees
- State of the art infrastructure
- An excellent working atmosphere
- Opportunities for personal development
- Working in a multinational and multicultural environment
We offer a comprehensive package with competitive salary, paid holidays and sick leave, along with a full range of medical, dental/vision insurance and 401(K) plan. In addition, we offer a performance-related bonus payment and participation in our stock option compensation program.
Starting date: as soon as possible
If you (m/f/d) are interested in this challenging position, please send your CV including a cover letter (summarizing your qualification and experiences) as well as your credentials.
For more information on HOOKIPA please visit www.hookipapharma.com