Director, M&A Valuation and Due Diligence-Remote
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Director, M&A Valuation and Due Diligence reports to the Director, Corporate Development & Strategy and is responsible for supporting and driving M&A valuation modelling and due diligence. The Associate Director will work closely with the Director, Corporate Development & Strategy, Corporate Development Deal Leads, Senior Leaders and Executive Management Team to develop and implement recommendations. The position also provides support for ad hoc Corporate Strategy initiatives.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• For each transaction, lead all aspects of valuation and financial due diligence including development of the target forecast model, in concert with internal / external experts and financial due diligence results. This includes carefully assessing information gathered in the comprehensive due diligence process to ensure a clear understanding of the targets’ jump off point financials, which are then used to develop a fully functional transaction deal model
• Working closely with Corporate Development team, Strategy teams and Emergent’s business lines to build comprehensive financial profiles of targets and assess pro forma impact of transactions to Emergent driving prioritization. Develop industry expertise in conjunction with Emergent’s strategic growth priorities.
• Developing detailed financial models, assessing various valuation methodologies including, but not limited to, discounted cash flow, comparable public company, precedent transactions, and operational competitor benchmarking in support of a variety of potential acquisition and divestiture transactions undertaken by Corporate Development.
• Stress-testing financial models for various cases, operating scenarios, and sensitivities.
• Conducting detailed discussions with internal business and functional leaders and external company management regarding operational and financial issues, risks and liabilities, integration issues and opportunities and potential synergy benefits of each transaction.
• Synthesizing valuation and key metric analytics into concise, easily understood outputs for senior leadership. Present valuation and financial model outputs, and related implications on the investment thesis, to business lines and senior leadership.
• Special projects related to Enterprise Portfolio Analysis
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• BS/BA required; Advanced degree, such as MBA or PhD preferred
• At least 8+ years of progressive experience in valuation and/or financial modeling, transaction advisory services, corporate finance, corporate development, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, or consulting, with minimum of 3+ years in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
• Experience in primary research, growth strategy and driver analysis, synergy assessment, financial forecasting and valuation, market research/analytics, brand/strategic marketing, competitive intelligence, and/or business development/due diligence
• Market access, Pricing and Payer landscape experience a plus
• Leadership experience managing a process and working across cross functional teams in a highly matrix structure and planning/ managing budget
• Broad therapeutic area, vaccine, and drug/device experience preferred
• Proven ability to lead multiple projects efficiently and independently
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing, matrixed environment
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, as well as oral and written communication skills
• Strategic thinker, self-starter, and results-oriented
• Excellent business acumen
• Structured problem solving and storyboarding
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Approximately 10%. May include international travel.
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.