We are currently searching for a Budget Analyst to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for budget analysis, formulation, execution and monitoring for an assigned group of Laboratories.
- Prepare budgets for an assigned group of laboratories.
- Create, update, edit and track agreements.
- Track non-appropriated funds, Gift Funds, CRADAS, Royalties.
- Track and monitor training budgets of employees.
- Process and track agreements with various labs within and around NIH.
- Use Beacon Finance software to track and monitor funds and obligations and enter allocations for Lab CANs.
- Track status of agreements and other non-appropriated funds.
- Provide assistance in preparing for budget meetings.
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual problems and emergency situations that arise in the daily operations of the office.
- Input information and update status of actions in various databases.
- Assist and communicate with the Budget Office on budget allocation, year-end, close, and spend projections.
- Prepare financial reports and summary on Gift Funds and CRADA’s.
- Exercise sound judgment in the safeguarding of files containing confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field is required.
- Minimum four (4) years of related experience working in budget analysis, formulation and execution.
- Direct ‘federal’ budget tracking experience, highly desired.
- Experience using Beacon Finance software, useful.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office products.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.