Sr. Manager OPS-DTI / Technical Product Owner, Supply Chain - Customer Service
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Sr. Manager OPS-DTI / Technical Product Owner, Supply Chain Customer ServiceLive
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will drive overall team success by applying program and project management principles for the Supply Chain Customer Service technology products and solutions, partnering with business and technology leaders to ensure comprehensive alignment, and finding optimized ways to deliver business outcomes. As the Technical Product Owner you will own and lead all processes, financials, and governance aspects for initiatives undertaken in your area of responsibility. This position is responsible for implementation and management of secure, scalable solutions with a focus on the Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform.
- Manage the global intake of requirements across the products and define technology roadmap for releasing valuable functionality with products supported.
- Formulate sound technical solutions to business requirements supporting Customer Service and Order to Cash outcomes.
- Lead a team of software engineers, business analysts, and architects including key system integrators to deliver technical solutions using Agile, scrum and lean principles.
- Manage key partner relationships across the business functional areas and Digital, Technology and Innovation (DTI) including forums on supported products and solutions.
- Implement, grow, and mature agile execution frameworks, including managing backlogs, sprint goals/planning and delivery of MVPs
- Track, measure, and extract value from deployed products via user adoption and KPIs, that can be communicated to executive leadership
- Work in a changing environment, under pressure, balancing multiple projects simultaneously
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Technical Product Owner professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experienceOr
Masters degree and 6 years of Information Systems experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Information Systems experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experienceAnd
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resourcesPreferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of and/or hands-on experience with Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of and/or experience in supply chain processes like order to cash, distribution, customer service and logistics.
- Understanding of web services, data modeling, and enterprise application integration concepts - including experience with implementing Salesforce Integrations with Mulesoft, Conga and DocuSign.
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and technologies, and work in multi-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to concisely present various subjects to leadership and coordinate all functional leads to provide requested data/updates.
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions.
- Experienced in leading product-focused, agile teams using a flexible approach ranging from servant leadership to directive depending on the situation both directly and through a team of scrum masters.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.