Sr Manager Warehouse Operations
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Does the thought of building an entirely new site from the ground up excite you? Do you love building and developing high performing teams? If you have a passion for talent development and want to be a part of Amgens mission to serve patients every patient every time then check out this exciting new opportunity.
Be part of the Amgen Advanced Assembly and Final Product Operation, a new facility focused on medical device assembly and packaging of injectable medicines. When completed, the Advanced Assembly and Final Product Operation facility will not only feature the best in-class assembly and packaging technologies with embedded industry 4.0 capabilities, but it will also integrate sustainability innovations to reduce carbon and waste, as part of Amgens plan to be a carbon-neutral company by 2027.
Sr. Manager Warehouse Operations-- Amgen Advanced Assembly and Final product Operations New Albany, OhioLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role, you will report to the site Supply Chain Head, and you will participate in multiple cross-functional initiatives for Amgen Ohio (AOH) mainly in the implementation of SAP EWM Extended Warehouse Management in innovative fully automated warehouse using Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) leading to the improvement of warehouse operations and/or related enterprise-wide programs. In addition, you will organize, drive, and/or support the identification and implementation of related warehouse systems and processes.
The Senior Manager will be the systems and process expert for Amgens warehousing systems and sub-systems. As the expert you will develop and provide education and training to all impacted departments. This role is also responsible for identifying, establishing, modeling, and monitoring key performance measures that will insure the achievement of Best Practices across Amgen sites. The Senior Manager will serve as a key Logistics representative on various cross-functional task forces and teams to ensure that consistent and well-integrated practices are developed throughout the organization. This role requires consistent and strong communication within Logistics and throughout all of Amgen and across all sites and may directly or indirectly be accountable for the activities of other staff members, or outside consultants and manage team of ~10 people ensuring a robust performance management, staff development, and succession & retention planning.Other responsibilities may include:
- Support the Integrated Business Planning process for AOH Site, including executive reviews of Demand, Supply Capacity and Inventory Plans, Life Cycle Management and Raw Material Governance
- Set direction and priorities and manage budget for your warehouse team in alignment with business goals
- Represent the warehouse in internal audits and regulatory inspections and be the warehouse Business Process Owner for these areas
- Measure and report on Key Warehouse Performance measures and drive continuous improvement using Amgen standard tools and methods
- Ensure maximum use of Supply Chain systems, ensure master data and transactional data accuracy for planning systems and drive data driven decision making
- Accountability for the daily operations of the AOH Supply Chain planning organization and responsible for meeting budget targets
- Organize, analyze, and communicate metrics and data to highlight operations performance.
- Clear communication and presentation skills both within and outside operations functions.
- Develop solutions to departmental and cross-functional business problems through in-depth analysis, coordination, and negotiation with key decision makers.
- Manage issues to identify critical factors to enable decision making.
- Respond effectively to crises and resolve issues arising from competing objectives, limited resources, or differing perspectives.
- Contribute to strategic decisions affecting operations.
- Build diverse, impactful teams and create an inclusive environment which brings together different a diverse group of backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
- Serve as a role model and mentor, designing opportunities for career development.
- Build cross-functional relationships to develop and garner support for shared programs.
- Influence a broad spectrum of partners toward achieving business goals.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will possess these qualifications.
Basic Qualifications:Doctorate degree and 2 years of Supply Chain experience
Masters degree and 6 years of Supply Chain experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Supply Chain experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Supply Chain experienceOr
High School diploma/GED and 12 years of Supply Chain experienceAnd
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Business Administration, Supply Chain & Logistics Management, Material Management and/or Industrial Engineering educational background.
- Good understanding of ERP-SAP, WM, EWM
- APICS CPIM, CSCP or SCOR-P certified.
- 6+ years of Supply Chain Management.
- Operational Excellence experience in regulated industry.
- Experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, GDP OSHA).
- Proficient user of software applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Smart sheet, Skype, Tableau).
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Negotiating, Budgeting, Goal setting, Resource Planning and Decision-Making skills.
- Executive presence with a critical thinking abilities.
- Change management skills and understanding of role of sponsor.
- Good organizational and communications skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Continuous improvement mentality.
- Experience working in a global environment, ability to collaborate closely/communicate effectively at different management levels.
- Availability for international business trips and to support non-standard shift organization with the flexibility to work extended hours.
- Knowledge of staff relations with the ability to coach, mentor and counsel staff when needed.
- Knowledge of basic compensation system practices and methodologies.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.