HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role, you will use your expertise in accounting and business to contribute to Amgen's vital accounting team.
Our Global Accounting team is made up of a diverse and highly skilled group of professionals who are passionate about Amgens mission of serving patients. Teams are in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. We also have accounting operations supported by our external business partner in India.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysis and Interpretation Accounting and Financial Reports
- Interpret transactions executed or proposed by the business to apply GAAP, including performing research and partnering with Technical Accounting to develop guidance
- Analyze financial results and provide explanations to management for the movements of balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Draft footnote disclosures and prepare detailed support for external reporting deliverables (10Q/10K).
- Partner with Commercial, Research & Development, Operations or General & Administrative)
- Work with Finance and Operational teams in performing accounting tasks and monitoring the successful delivery of Month End close activities, including but not limited to review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintain relationships within Finance (Financial Planning, Tax, Purchase to Pay, Treasury, Global Strategic Sourcing).
- Provide support for initiatives or projects by providing accounting mentorship and identifying risks to internal controls.
- Internal Controls and Compliance Process support
- Support the documentation and test of controls in support of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Certification and other control verification processes. Draft deficiency reports as applicable and drives implementation of remediation actions
- Support Internal/External/Tax audits by timely providing backup, explaining transactions, and answering inquiries, as applicable
- Process Improvement, Automation, and Project Management including supporting special projects for which Global Accounting representation, including company expansion, business acquisitions, divestitures, and financial system implementations
- Understand and interpret Policies and Procedures; Collaborate with process partners to identify opportunities and implement continuous improvement that will enable an efficient and effective accounting close process
- Engage in gaining knowledge and deploying Automation and Reporting solutions (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Anaplan, Tableau, Alteryx, MS Teams, Smartsheet, Docusign) to reduce transactional work in favor of strategy and analysis
- Vendor Services Management includes partnering closely with our External Services vendors to complete close activities and deliver quality services to Amgen
- Engage in regular governance meetings to discuss the status of activities, projects, and issue resolution, and monitor Service Level Metrics to drive expectations and deliverables
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The accounting professional we seek is a [type of person] with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree, OR
- Masters degree and 2 years of accounting experience, OR
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of accounting experience, OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of accounting experience, OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of accounting experience
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Finance or Accounting strongly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is a plus
- +5 Years of Experience in accounting, audit, or financial reporting
- Comprehensive accounting knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting
- Leadership and project management skills are strongly preferred
- Experience with ERP applications (SAP, Oracle, etc.) and expertise in MS Office Software Suite
- General knowledge of automation initiatives
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills and ability to bridge cultural differences
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, to multi-task, and to establish priorities
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Apply nowfor a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.