We are currently searching for a Biologist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform molecular biology laboratory experiments and studies, including most frequently DNA preparation and PCR of easily contaminated human, mouse, and microbial samples as well as DNA library preparation for sequencing, and primer design.
- Process human and mouse samples, including stool, for laboratory studies.
- Perform bacterial culturing and sterile technique.
- Maintain and operate a variety of laboratory instruments which include automated cell counters, autoclaves, centrifuges, fluorescent microscope, PCR machine, PCR hood, biosafety cabinets, and spectrophotometers.
- Manage storage, tracking, and retrieval of human blood and other tissues; maintain specimens and information in accordance with laboratory procedures and regulations.
- Receive training and work with staff on small animal handling, breeding, sample collection and routine procedures.
- Process and organize multiple samples simultaneously.
- Maintain and update laboratory notebooks and databases.
- Collect data, perform data analysis.
- Provide materials for clinical biospecimen collection as point of contact between clinical and laboratory-based staff.
- Attend laboratory meetings to report research outcomes.
- Organize and maintain a clean and safe working space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a BA/BS degree.
- Minimum of three (3) of years of experience in Biology or related field, preferably microbiology or genomics with a strong background in molecular biology.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and sample management software systems.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.