HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will provide technical engineering support to continuous daily operations by performing troubleshooting activities, process optimization strategies, upgrades, replacements, and modifications to the process or equipment in the manufacturing operations. Ensure that all operations are accomplished in a compliant manner consistent with current corporate policies, industry standards, and applicable regulatory requirements. This role will support non-standard shift manufacturing operations that may nights and weekends.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Under general supervision will evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, basic principles and procedures. Assistance given for unusual problems.
- Perform assignments that have clear and specific objectives and require investigation of limited number of variables.
- Function as a technical expert to process, equipment and/or systems during troubleshooting operations and multi-functional discussions.
- Frequently become actively involved in daily operations when required to meet schedules or to resolve sophisticated problems.
- Routinely supervise manufacturing processes for performance indicators and operations. Suggest problem resolution and provide troubleshooting mentorship.
- Work with manufacturing, maintenance, process development, utilities, facilities, quality assurance and/or validation departments in developing requirements and recommendations for process and/or system modifications.
- Support the execution of manufacturing/quality systems such as deviations, equipment qualification and/or process validation, procedures, training, and new product introductions.
- Apply process, operational, scientific expertise, basic compliance knowledge, and analytical and troubleshooting skills to support manufacturing operations.
- Organizes, analyzes and presents interpretation of results for operational issues or engineering projects of moderate scope and complexity.
- Apply basic engineering principles to the design and implementation of system modifications, experiments and/or capital projects.
What we expect of you
We are all different! Yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.
The Basic Qualifications are:
Masters degree in Engineering
Bachelors degree in Engineering & 2 years of Manufacturing support experience
Beyond that, additional preferred qualifications are:
- Educational background in Mechanical, Electrical and/or Chemical Engineering
- Experience with equipment and/or process troubleshooting in a regulated environment.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech processes and GMP production operations.
- Organizational & technical writing skills.
- Proficient presentation & communication skills in English and Spanish
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.