DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
- Work closely with team members to improve quality and performance of mechatronic and automation platforms
- Perform mechanical, electrical, and fluidic tests on prototypes. Document results clearly, using approved templates
- Execute Verification and Validation protocols at sub-module, module, and system level on prototypes, development instruments and production units.
- Operate, maintain, and perform advanced service on a variety of hardware systems. Address issues in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, repair and requalify instrumentation and associated test equipment .
- Assemble components, subsystems, and systems for testing.
- Perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assist in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment.
- Use manufacturing, test, development, and/or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Work closely with other development engineers to conduct engineering tests, collect performance data, and/or assist in research work.
- Maintain a clean work environment including instruments and equipment and workspace
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline with 1 year of experience
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with instruments including electromechanical systems, especially motion control and fluidics.
- Extensive experience diagnosing and correcting problems with instruments or equipment.
- Experience and aptitude with testing light mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with electrical circuits and power supplies.
- Ability to follow documented procedures as well as keep organized lab notebook
- Experience using mechanical tools to assemble and disassemble instrument components, modules, and full systems
- Experience working on analytical instruments combining mechanisms, electronics, automation, and fluidics.
- Hands-on experience with breadboard/prototype builds and automation/fluidics optimization.
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits.
- Work with the development team to modify existing test scripts.
- Experience in reliability or life testing. Experience developing fixtures and instrumentation for assembly and testing.
- Job located in South San Francisco
- Start date: Q2 2022
- Health, Dental, Vision. Company pays 80% of premiums for employees and dependents. We have lots of plans available including HMOs, PPOs, HDHPs, etc.
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Other employee-funded plans including pre-tax commuter, HSA, and FSA