DMPK Scientist, Director
We’re seeking a DMPK Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life as part of our drug discovery group by contributing to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers, as well as a large-scale compute infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Ten of the programs we’ve worked on have progressed into preclinical development, with four currently in clinical trials and one approved by the FDA.
Who will love this job:
- A DMPK analysis expert
- An experienced Phoenix/WinNonlin and MATLAB SimBiology user
- A dedicated student of PK/PD modeling
- A proven PI and scientific strategist
- A highly motivated, self-driven, and results-oriented data-analyzer
- An excellent communicator and presenter who can work both as a team player and a project driver
- A flexible, socially adept scientist who’s excited about networking and building internal and external relationships
What you will do:
- Develop and drive DMPK and PK/PD strategy for Drug Discovery and Development projects
- Represent DMPK group on internal and intercompany project teams to provide input on molecular modeling design ideas into druggable novel chemical entities
- Collaborate with internal and intercompany project team members and external CROs to generate relevant data to enable knowledge and data integration
- Effectively communicate DMPK and PK/PD knowledge and strategy to internal and intercompany project teams, functional leaders, and other key stakeholders
- Analyze and integrate in silico ADME predictive solutions, physicochemical, ADME, and DMPK data to impact multiparameter optimization
- Appropriately apply PK, PK/PD and PBPK modeling/simulation to guide the design and execution of in vivo preclinical animal experiments for efficacy and toxicology, establish human dose predictions and develop robust translational and biomarker strategies for clinical candidates
- Author and/or review appropriate reports for regulatory submission of development drug candidates and ensure the overall quality of the studies and interpretation. Support interactions with regulatory agencies.
What you should have:
- PhD in life sciences, chemical engineering, pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences, or a related discipline
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong working relationships to resolve issues and advance programs
- Prior experience with independently representing DMPK on project teams
- Prior experience (at least five years preferred) conducting PK/PD modeling in support of drug discovery and development
- Working knowledge of PBPK and familiarity with modeling software such as Simcyp, GastroPlus, MatLab/Simbiology and/or Phoenix WinNonlin
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.