Staff Relations Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Staff Relations ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. In this vital role the Staff Relations Manager will be responsible for conducting HR investigations and for providing staff relations guidance and support to managers and staff of Amgens Capability Center (ACC) based in Tampa, Florida. In their investigator role, the Staff Relations Manager will conduct investigations into potential violations of HR policies (such as allegations of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation) involving staff based at Amgens manufacturing site in Puerto Rico, Amgen commercial affiliates in Latin America, and other locations, as needed. In their staff relations role supporting the ACC, the Staff Relations Manager will act as a thought partner to managers on a variety of staff relations issues, such as performance management, disciplinary action, and workplace accommodations.
The Staff Relations Manager will report to the U.S. Staff Relations Investigations Lead and work closely with the Staff Relations Lead for Corporate Functions and the Staff Relations Lead for Amgens Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and Canada (ELMAC) region.
This role may be based in Tampa, Florida, or remotely from other locations in the United States, and preferably the East coast.
This role will require the ability to conduct interviews in BOTH Spanish and English. Strong written and verbal communication in Spanish AND English will be key elements of this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Independently conduct internal HR investigations, determine findings, and prepare all required documentation
- Identify relevant investigation issues, potential evidence, and investigative actions
- Plan, schedule and conduct effective interviews of complainants, subjects, and witnesses
- Analyze information collected during investigation and reach timely and well-reasoned conclusions
- Effectively assess witness credibility
- Create professional, well-drafted investigation records, including investigation plans and summaries
- Report investigation findings to HR colleagues, legal partners, and business leaders in a clear, concise manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners at the ACC site
- Develop and recommend solutions to managers on a variety of staff relations issues including managing poor performance, documenting and implementing disciplinary action, and managing conflict
- Partner with the Occupational Heath, staff and managers to analyze and respond to leaves of absence, return to work following leaves of absence, and accommodation requests
- Participate as needed in corrective counseling and termination conversations with staff and managers
- Maintain positive work environment by responding to staff members concerns, proactively addressing issues, and advising management team regarding best practices
- Document all cases and issues in tracking systems in a timely manner. Provide regular updates to site leadership and Staff Relations leadership
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Staff Relations professional we seek is savvy and detail oriented with the following qualifications.
Masters degree and 2 years of Human Resources experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Human Resources experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Human Resources experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Human Resources experience
- Highly Preferred: Excellent communication: written/oral/listening, with fluency (written and verbal) in both English and Spanish
- Previous experience conducting HR investigations
- Demonstrated ability to learn and fairly apply company policy, internal HR procedures, investigation procedures, and regulatory guidelines within scope of duties
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state laws governing employment and labor (Equal Employment Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Act, National Labor Relations, etc.)
- Ability to conduct research and present findings in an organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and establish and maintain working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups
- Proven ability to maneuver conflicting priorities and prioritize time
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and complete tasks in a timely manner, balancing high quality and efficiency
- Demonstrable ability to manage difficult conversations and interactions
- Awareness of emerging HR compliance issues, internally and externally, and the implications to the company
- Demonstrated customer service/client orientation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; E-mail (Outlook) and Internet; experience using a case management system such as EthicsPoint
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.