Lab IT Technician and Coordinator
Do you want to join a team where the mission is meaningful, the challenges are complex, and you can directly see the results of your hard work? At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline, bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in neurology and psychiatry. Join us on our journey of growth!
The Lab IT Technician and Coordinator will support both the Lundbeck Seattle Biopharmaceutical organization and Lundbeck La Jolla Research Center. The role primarily focuses on supporting IT systems in the lab and also acts as IT coordinator for the two sites. The individual will collaborate closely with scientists in both locations as well as with IT colleagues in the US and globally.
Approximately 75% of the role is focused on IT systems in the lab and 25% on the IT coordinator role.
The role of support for IT systems in the lab consists of:
- When required and together with line of business and HQ support, design new IT solutions for the lab, support selection of vendor and execute on implementation
- Promote the use of Lundbeck standards (hardware, software, policies, processes, other) and coachline of business users on their roles and responsibilities
- Function as a liaison between Seattle/La Jolla sites and the global Corporate IT function
- Rely on Global Service Desk for incident management and act at first line support for IT incidents related to lab solutions
- Resolve incidents locally or act as a point of escalation and coordination for service issues requiring on-site intervention by 3rd-party vendors or Corporate IT
- Willingness to work with lab staff on-site as needed to solve time-sensitive issues, work with staff to help achieve scientific and business goals
- Perform network patching and power cycle equipment
- Ensure that all lab IT systems are in good working order and follow the Corporate IT standards
- Help identify and develop corporate standards for lab solutions
The IT coordinator role consist of:
- Ensuring compliance with Lundbeck IT standards, Global IT Policy and “Use of IT”
- Distribute relevant information from Corporate IT to local sites
- Participate in continuous service improvements for defined processes
- Assist Corporate IT in tasks that require on-site presence
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- 3+ years’ IT support experience
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure (network, server rooms)
- Strong collaboration and customer focus
- The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof upon hire, or request a medical or religious accommodation
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ IT experience within the pharmaceutical industry or biotech companies
- Experience supporting laboratory IT systems
- Experience in a laboratory environment is helpful
- Domestic travel up to approximately 10%. International
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven, Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities during our employment application process. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.