Business Development Manager
Oregon Freeze Dry is a World Class, purpose-driven technology solutions company with nearly six decades of freeze-drying expertise. We find inspiration in our ability to create solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities around the globe. Our customers and consumers look to us to do this through the science and craft of freeze-drying / lyophilization. Our driven and passionate team needs to expand as we continue to experience strong sustainable growth across multiple markets.
We are looking for the intellectually curious who want to make a difference in a fast growing, quick paced team environment and who are inspired by the opportunity to pioneer new areas that touch lives all over the world! Are you that person?
OFD Bio|Pharma is currently expanding to support new opportunities and we are seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Business Development Manager. We bring an innovative approach to designing and commercializing new product concepts, whether for start-up or Fortune 100 multinational organizations. The Business Development Manager will secure new and develop existing accounts at biopharma companies. As a critical member of the OFD Bio|Pharma go-to-market team, this individual will also lead customer driven projects from inception to completion.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding new business revenue and gross margin targets. Source leads, map stakeholders, and outreach to surface relevant client interests and opportunities. Lead planning and execution of appropriate face-to-face customer meetings in coordination with cross-functional teams. Develop and maintain strong customer connections and continuously work to expand customer base through referrals and networking. Participate in marketing activities to drive broad market awareness and strengthen OFD’s presence in the Bio|Pharma space. Participate in trade shows and conferences to generate leads and provide competitive intelligence on the market. Partner cross-functionally across the company to appropriately support the needs of the client base. Ongoing management of current Bio|Pharma customers. Demand forecasting on annual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Fact-based negotiating & selling across multiple product lines and market segments meeting and exceeding forecasted sales estimates. Develop unique ways to initiate or grow the business with new and existing accounts. Build and realize a strategic sales plan which convinces customers to “win” with our products. Provide accurate annual, 3-month rolling. and monthly forecasting for each assigned account; ensuring necessary supply and avoiding excessive inventory build.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a scientific discipline is required. Master’s preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in sales and/or business development.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience within biopharma service space.
- Results oriented, metrics driven leader with a root cause determination, remediation, and continuous improvement approach.
- Strong technical background and experience in biopharma, specifically CDMO preferred.
- Strong project management and collaboration skill set.
- Proven ability to build strong and lasting partnerships and work across matrixed organization.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally within an organization to deliver satisfying customer results.
- A high level of integrity and principles that embrace transparency.
- Willingness and ability travel up to 50%.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with large and small group presentations.
- Critical thinker with dynamic networking, relationship building, and negotiation skills.
- Corporate level proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and computer skills.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salary based on experience and education. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays, and more!