Senior Project Manager
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager for a variety of projects within DNA Script’s rapidly growing and cutting-edge product portfolio. The Sr. PM will develop budgets/timelines for projects, manage resources, and as well as drive development projects of high complexity from Concept through Commercialization. The PM will interface with internal and external partners to achieve project goals, milestones, and timelines. The ideal candidate must be a skilled team leader with strong negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks in parallel, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Provide management and leadership skills to drive project execution and meet project goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create, execute and communicate overall project plans (scope, schedule, staffing plans, quality, risk management, budget, and procurement) and revise them appropriately to meet changing project needs and requirements.
- Identify needs for changes to the plan and communicate them to the core team and stakeholders to ensure project goals are in alignment with business objectives.
- Organize and lead routine design and phase (or stage- gate) reviews with an executive approval committee.
- Identify and resolve or escalate project issues, facilitate tradeoff decisions, and remove obstacles.
- Ensure product development efforts adhere to internal processes and design control standards.
- Continuously analyze and manage risks to enable successful project completion.
- Manage cross-functional resources, project timelines and project budgets required to successfully drive projects and initiatives.
- Apply best practices and knowledge of internal/external business challenges to improve products and projects.
- Have a passion for commercializing platforms that are at the leading-edge innovation in life science
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or related field
- PMP certification or formal Project Management training from an accredited program
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience leading multiple complex projects from concept to delivery
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in life sciences product development
- Sound grasps of the key business drivers and considerations in the medical device and /or life science industries
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills with a proven ability to effectively build relationships and achieve consensus across a wide range of functions and constituents despite natural tensions between those functions (e.g. Marketing vs. R&D)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and achieve results by influence alone
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills; detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture and to work effectively at both high and detailed levels
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and internationally
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience leading a cross-functional core team
- Experience using Visual Project Management techniques
- Start-up mind-set is strongly preferred, demonstrated by participation in one
- Experience managing a life science system program involving a hardware and software platform as well as reagent kits
- Understanding of the new product introduction and product lifecycle management processes
- Phone interview with the hiring manager
- Day interview at the office to meet with the manager, cofounders, HR team
- References check
- Timing: 2-3 weeks