Director of Corporate Planning & Strategy
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As Director of Corporate Planning & Strategy, you will play a key role in shaping our value creation plan. As our first strategic planning hire, you will help us build and shape this capability. This is an excellent opportunity in a fast paced, biotech start-up environment. You will work in close collaboration with our CFO and executive team.
A successful candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. You are results-oriented, analytical, have strong attention to detail, and are always highly motivated to deliver excellence in your work. You’re resourceful and like to work independently, but are not shy to ask for advice
What You’ll Do
- Establish the strategic planning process at Eikon including development of a Long-Range Planning (LRP) model
- Support the ongoing refresh of the strategic agenda and lead / drive major enterprise level strategic initiatives, including directing analysis to provide insight and lead to decisions and actions
- Helps establish and refresh enterprise ambition; integrate strategic planning findings to ensure appropriate allocation of company resources.
- Collaborate closely with internal Corporate & Business Development, Science, Engineering, Finance stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Lead data-driven efforts and initiatives focused on core, adjacent and new markets for outsized-growth producing research, analysis and key insights on industry and macro trends.
- Lead the examination of strategic issues facing the business and provide recommendation on emerging opportunities.
- Cultivate and formalize a network of external SMEs and consultants while also maintaining an internal network of SMEs
- Establish competitive intelligence and market analysis functions
- Prepare presentation materials and analysis for executive staff and board of directors’ meetings and assist in the preparation of the annual strategic plan.
- Develop and synthesize perspectives on external environment, disruptive trends, and potential choices and strategic moves
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive experience in leadership and strategic planning within pharma, biotech, or related industries
- MBA, PhD, MD, and/or other industry-related advanced degree
- 4+ years of experience at top-tier consulting firms, investment banking or in similar strategy/analytics roles at top-tier life science firms desired
- Experience being an integral part of strategy teams and driving strategy insights and roadmaps while managing and delivering consistently on project scope and timeline
- Strategy consulting and /or Strategy team experience, coupled with biopharma or related industry experience
- Strong knowledge of biopharmaceutical industry landscape, issues, trends, and their business impact
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.