Sample Management Analyst I
The Sample Management Tech I, under general direction, will be responsible for performing routine and non-routine support of samples submitted to the Quality Control (QC) Laboratory for evaluation.
This position works with the Sample Management team to manage the samples received from manufacturing for QC testing and the organization and inventory of these samples. The Sample Management Technician also arranges sample shipments for outsource testing and shipments to Clients or other facilities.
- Writes and revises Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other related Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) documentation
- Manages test samples, critical reagents and reference materials.
- Manages shipments to external testing facilities and clients.
- Provides QC support for the Sample receipt for Manufacturing
- Coordinates with Manufacturing, Program managers and other departments, as required, to ensure activities such as sample inventory, sample shipments, sample deliveries and other activities as required.
- Help compile and track sample management metrics
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to build and foster relationships, cooperation, and collaboration across the organization.
- Ability to follow safety procedures outlined in the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Utilize SDS sheets to properly assess chemical hazards, spill response procedures, and PPE requirements if indicated.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Ability to accurately complete required documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Ability to sit for long periods to work on a computer.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs regularly and up to 30 lbs on occasion.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt) and appropriate shoes required in most areas associated with this position.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Previous work experience in a GMP environment.
- Previous work experience involving GMP Documentation.
Salary: Starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.