DEIB Program Manager
Summary of the Position
The DEIB Program Manager will partner with the Chief Equity Officer (CEqO) to support leadership with Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) efforts. The DEIB Program Manager is responsible for creating awareness throughout the organization to foster an open and inclusive working environment for global USP. The role will be part of a DEIB team and will be accountable to assist in developing and implementing policies, best practices, processes, and/or programs to enable global USP to deliver on the strategy, goals and outcomes for the organization’s global DEIB efforts.
As a genuine and trusted DEIB advocate for employees and a change champion for the organization, this position will lead and support various DEIB efforts, working with USP’s leadership team, volunteers and staff across all levels, divisions, functions and locations to recommend, design, implement, enhance and track diversity and culture initiatives that attract, develop, engage and retain a diverse, high-performing workforce. The work of the team is fast paced and requires independence and initiative while also relying on collaborative practices to achieve the goals of the team.
Additionally, this individual will champion and foster a culture of inclusion through your commitment and dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion. The incumbent will partner closely with HR leaders, communications and the business to build employee belonging and strengthen culture initiatives that support the mission. This role works closely with and support the CEqO in developing and implementing DEIB and cultural strategies and initiatives, including evaluating USP’s current DEIB program to identify gaps and opportunities, consistent with USP’s People Ambition and leadership priorities. The Program Manager partners with the Senior Manager to align programmatic work with monitoring and measurement work
Roles and Responsibilities
● Lead routine program management activities including project management, vendor relationship management, forecasting, requisitions, annual operational plan development, progress tracking and reporting, risk management, global connection, program enhancements etc.
● Partnering with Communications to drive program and leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for the employee experience and diversity action plans across the business.
● Partners with the CEqO in all responsibilities, to include: developing DEIB Program annual strategy, budgeting, and risk identification and mitigation when needed.
● Work closely with the Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) council in managing a programmatic framework and governance structure of the DEIB offerings, including setting and monitoring goals, objectives, roles and parameters of DIB Council and Affinity Network.
● Special focus will be to support Affinity Group professional development and program design including measuring impact
● Partner with DIB Council and Employee Resource Groups to align their work with USP’s overall business objectives and provide program framework and development support on activities and employee involvement. Partner with our employee resource groups to ensure their voices are elevated and enable them to be strategic partners to the business.
● Collaboratively provide advice, counsel or support to leaders and staff at all levels of the organization regarding the execution and impact of USP diversity strategies and priorities with the goal of attracting, developing, engaging and retaining a diverse workforce. Advise, coach, and guide all levels of leadership to build cultural humility.
● Advise, partner, and collaborate with HR leaders and functions in designing and implementing diversity-focused initiatives (E.g. training and development, recruitment, metrics, etc).
● Manage tactical communication plans for the DEIB program and ensure that all key deliverables are met, including collaborating with Executive and People Communications on strategic and executive DIB branding and communications. Support executive communications on DEIB topics.
● Manage the DIB Council meetings in partnership with the DIB Council, ensuring that materials are adequate, meeting objectives and asks are clear and the right participants are in attendance to collate necessary input or feedback, and where needed, facilitate Council decision making and implementation.
● Leads the development and administration of USP’s employee engagement and culture surveys to help track progress in key focus areas and understand organizational cultural changes required to meet DIB goals.
● Manages external vendors and contracts. Evaluate and maintain relationships with external organizations and partners that align with our strategic DEIB goals.
● Bachelors degree education, communications, HR, public administration, public management, public administration, sociology, psychology, organizational development or related field
● 5 years’ experience professional program work experience or project management experience preferably in DEIB
● Masters degree preferred
● Basic analytical skills with the ability to translate data and analytics into insights, stories, and visual representations
● Knowledgeable on appropriate federal, state, local, laws, rules, regulations, HR policies and procedures regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
● Ability to handle complex issues with discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
● A self-starter with the ability to use good judgment to problem solve and capable of driving results.
● Excellent communication, client management and interpersonal skills.
● Excellent project management and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
● Strong written and verbal communication
● Proficient in Microsoft Office
● Experience with working in global/ non-profits a plus.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully present vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP