ERP/PLM Senior Business Analyst
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
This position is responsible to create and deliver value by automating business processes and supporting our Netsuite & Arena ERP applications. The successful candidate will play a critical role to implement major projects and enhancements related to Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Production Planning and Record to Report workflows. You will be part of the IT applications team and engaging and collaborating with teams across the entire company.
- Meet with business leaders, decision makers, and end users to define business requirements, and systems goals
- Facilitate discussions among business owners to understand problem statements and gather requirements
- Lead, own, and deliver the Netsuite ERP application related projects within the defined timeline
- Automate new business processes and improve the existing ones
- Interact with cross functional business units to define requirements and understand the systems upstream and downstream changes
- Document and develop high level, business processes flows, requirements and design document for new business requirements
- Manage implementation vendors and consultants to implement new systems, projects and enhancements
- Make configuration enhancements on Netsuite platform per business requirements
- Stay up to date with Netsuite latest releases and review new useful features and functionalities with our business team
- Assist in creating reports and dashboard for business users
- Identify test criteria and test new functionality/enhancements
- Provide training and first-line support to end users
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience in a manufacturing and sales/distribution setting is a must
- Minimum of 5 year of IT experience in complete software development life cycle process including System Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and Documentation
- Minimum of 3 yr. experience as a business analyst
- Minimum of 5 yr. experience as a Netsuite/PLM administrator
- Netsuite certification is a major plus
- Strong knowledge of ERP solutions specifically Netsuite and its related modules
- Strong knowledge of Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Production Planning and Record to Report and finance related business
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Strong knowledge on Netsuite Suite Flow, Suite Script, and Suite Bundle
- Highly self-motivated and directed by being a great team player
- 4-year degree BS/BA in a technical, business or other analytical field required
- Job located in South San Francisco
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Health, Dental, Vision. Company pays 80% of premiums for employees and dependents. We have lots of plans available including HMOs, PPOs, HDHPs, etc.
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Other employee-funded plans including pre-tax commuter, HSA, and FSA
- Initial screening with the hiring manager
- Day interview at the office (or remote) with the manager, cofounders, HR and the rest of the team
- Reference Checks
- Timing: 2-3 weeks