R&D Specialist - RNA Synthesis, R&D Chemistry (Discovery)
Regeneron's R&D Chemistry (Discovery) group in our Therapeutic Proteins area is currently seeking an experienced Specialist to join our team. This is a role in the evolving discovery chemistry group and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of RNA therapeutic technologies as well as assist in the development and application of robust on and off bead synthetic organic methodologies. Specifically, you will contribute to the synthesis of RNA related platform technologies for a variety of programs.A Typical Day in the Role May Look Like:
- Synthesis of variable lengths and formats of oligonucleotides on automated synthesizers.
- Incorporate novel or standard amidites and ligands on and off bead.
- Apply ideas from a variety of sources to solve complex chemical problems.
- Take direction, be self-motivated, and capable of working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Maintain synthesizers and related supplies.
- Perform purification and characterization using conventional and innovative instrumentation.
- Can work on multiple projects simultaneously,
- Have excellent record-keeping and time management skills
- Possess the ability to absorb new information rapidly
- Are highly self-motivated and able to advise the course of their own work without extensive supervision
This role requires a MS/BS in synthetic organic chemistry with 3-5+ yrs of proven experience in a discovery/development setting. Experience includes modern organic synthesis, chromatography and analytical techniques including ion-pair reverse phase chromatography, ion exchange chromatography, HPLC, MS, LC/MS and NMR. Effective written and verbal communication skills with scientists in multiple fields. Experience with the following additional skills and experience is a plus: Oligonucleotide synthesis using automated equipment, Automated HPLC instrumentation for chromatographic separations and characterizations, Automated liquid handlers, Programming (Python, Venus), Automated organization of data.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.