Senior Accounting Analyst
Great opportunity to obtain well-rounded experience in a publicly traded, pre-commercial life sciences company. Talaris is seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst to join our growing and evolving finance department. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Controller, the Senior Accounting Analyst will be a hybrid corporate accounting and FP&A role supporting all facets of the Company’s finance function. Duties include, but are not limited to general monthly close, SEC reporting, internal period-end reporting, budgeting and forecasting, and internal control maintenance/development. Due to company stage and size, ample opportunity to grow and expand role within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Month-end close preparation and execution (recording of transactions across all financial statement line items)
- Assist with preparation of internal period-end financial reporting package, including financial statement compilation
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings (10-Qs, 10-K, Proxy Statement, 8-Ks, etc)
- Assist with development of annual budget model and supporting details
- Assist with ongoing cash and operating expense forecasting
- Review and compliance with existing internal controls, as well as assisting with development of internal control framework as Company scales toward SOX 404 compliance
- Ad-hoc special projects and reporting as needed
- Will have consistent exposure to CFO and other members of management team
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting or other business-related major; Master’s in Accounting or Business Administration preferred, but not required
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience. Public accounting firm and/or U.S. based public company experience preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and experience working in accounting software (Sage Intacct experience a plus).
- Strong technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with professionals of varied fields.
- Demonstrated diplomacy, an “internal client” focus, and commitment to confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Sitting/using a computer for 8 hours/day
- Competitive compensation including bonus opportunity and equity participation
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Long & Short Term Disability
- 25 Days Paid Time Off + 10 Paid Company Holiday’s
- 401k with Employer Contribution
- Stock Options and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Paid Parental and Organ Donor Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Generous Professional Development Policy for Job-Related External Learning Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Talaris Therapeutics requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or sincerely held religious belief and/or medical exemption is required upon hire. Talaris Therapeutics will engage in an interactive dialogue process with employees who have documented medical conditions and/or sincerely held religious beliefs that would prevent them from getting vaccinated, in accordance with all applicable laws.
Talaris Therapeutics, Inc. (“Talaris”) is a late-clinical stage, publicly traded (Nasdaq Global Market: TALS), biotechnology company that is developing an innovative method of allogenic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation that we believe has the potential to transform the standard of care in sold organ transplantation, certain severe autoimmune diseases, and certain severe non-malignant immune and metabolic disorders. In a ground-breaking, phase 2 study, our lead therapy, FCR001, enabled 70% of living donor kidney transplant recipients to be weaned off all immunosuppression within 12 months of their kidney transplant without rejecting their donated organ.
We are currently conducting FREEDOM-1, a randomized, controlled, open-label Phase 3 registration trial in the United States of FCR001 in 120 adult living donor kidney transplant (LDKT) recipients, as well as two additional Phase 2 clinical trials: FREEDOM-2, in which we are evaluating the potential of FCR001 to induce durable immune tolerance in patients who have previously received a kidney from a living donor, and FREEDOM-3 in which we are evaluating the safety and efficacy of FCR001 in adults with a severe form of scleroderma, a debilitating autoimmune disease. We currently have approximately 140 employees. We maintain corporate offices in Boston, MA in addition to our cell processing facility in Louisville, KY and our process and analytical development labs in Houston, TX.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Talaris Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and for qualified disabled veterans in job application procedures, as required by applicable law. If you have any difficulty using our online application system and need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact Talent Acquisition by emailing us at email@example.com. When emailing, please include a description of your requested accommodation, your name and contact information.
Note to External Recruiters: All candidate activity and open positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in determining a professional relationship with our organization. Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.