Senior Compensation Specialist
The Total Rewards Specialist is responsible for providing support in overseeing and administering employee compensation programs for AbbVie’s Operations Function.
- Provides recommendations on various pay actions (promotions, bonus buyouts, Base Salary Adjustments, etc.) utilizing survey sources, market references, internal equity, and other data as appropriate.
- Apply expertise in quantitative and qualitative compensation analyses, optimization, data visualization, and processes and leverage analytical methodologies and expertise to execute project tasks.
- While the focus of this role will be US based, there will also be the opportunity to support initiatives and projects of a global scope.
- Provides day to day support to the US Operations Talent Acquisition function in internal and external offer recommendations
- Performs job evaluations and recommends pay grades for new or revised jobs.
- Supports the annual year-end process for Merit, Bonus and LTI.
- Support the administration of incentive programs, including data management, reports, bonus calculations, and employee communications.
- Educate the organization on the company's compensation philosophy, processes, and programs
- Use analytics and modeling to assess the potential impact of compensation changes.
- Maintain and update job description database.
- Participate in benchmark and salary planning surveys, answer audit inquiries, pull survey results and prepare adjustment files
- Performs special comp projects (acquisitions, re-organizations, job leveling, job hierarchies, government audits, new government-mandated changes, etc.).
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have excellent analytical and communication skills including written and verbal.
- Must be self-directed and able to handle concurrent projects.
- The Senior Compensation Specialist must also build a network across the broader enterprise.
Preferred candidates will have a minimum of three years in compensation with strong experience in benchmarking surveys, particularly Mercer, Willis Towers Watson, and Radford survey experience as well as familiarity with complex businesses and methodologies are a strong advantage. Experience with Salary.com a plus.