Managed Care Liaison (Remote Field Based)
MANAGED CARE LIAISON (REMOTE FIELD BASED - Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast NY, NJ, PA, MD, NC, SC, VA, DC. KY, FL, GA)
The Managed Care Liaison (MCL) is responsible for building relationships with and providing advanced scientific and health outcomes support to regional and national managed care organizations, health care systems, government payers, and other organizations that are involved with medication formulary decisions. The MCL also provides representation to facilitate research, education, and other collaborations, in compliance with applicable SOPs.
The Managed Care Liaison (MCL) is a remote field based medical role that will serve as a strategic partner with the Market Access team. This role is an individual contributor role and will report to the Director, Managed Care Liaisons in Medical Affairs. This role will coordinate closely with the Strategic Account Executive, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, and Medical Science Liaison teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and deliver scientific, health economic, value, and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchange to national and regional managed care organizations, pharmacy benefit management companies, health care systems, government payers, and relevant medical and scientific professionals involved with formulary decision making. Communicate relevant information back to internal stakeholders to inform product strategy and access
- Identify and develop professional relationships with national and regional managed care organizations and relevant thought leaders
- Identify potential outcomes research gaps and assess the health outcomes research capabilities of national and regionally based managed care organizations
- Respond to unsolicited customer requests for information and collect customer insights
- Assist in the development of educational managed care programs and tools to help support value and access
- Provide reactive presentations to managed care accounts on pipeline and/or other requested scientific information where appropriate
- Provide training support to commercial partners and other internal stakeholders
- Serve as a managed care subject matter expert
- Provide session coverage at relevant scientific and professional meetings Complete all required training, activity documentation, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy and other business partners
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- PharmD, MD, or PhD in a health science related field
- 6-9+ years of relevant professional experience with at least 2 of those years working for a managed care organization (PBM, Health plan, State Medicaid, VA/DoD, IDN, etc.)
- Remote field based, customer facing, clinical account management, formulary management, trade/reimbursement/industry relations, pharmacy director roles preferred
- Completion of relevant residency (managed care) or fellowship programs may be considered in lieu of some work experience
- Experience providing guidance to team members
- Thorough understanding of the US payer market
- Experience proving guidance to team members
- Ability to master clinical and health economic data and communicate complex information in a concise and effective way to a variety of payer audiences and decision makers.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Track record of strong relationship building and the ability to leverage relationships to build advocacy and support
- Results oriented, organized, and works well in a team environment
- Self-directed, comfortable executing on multiple projects independently, and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience in rare disease, specialty drugs, pharmaco-economics, health outcomes research, pharmaceutical industry is highly desired
- Willingness to travel to customer meetings, conferences, and other meetings, including overnight trips and some weekend commitments
- Ability to travel up to 20% but subject to change
- Travel will vary depending upon geography
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position may require you to work onsite or interact in person with customers of the Company and/or work onsite from time to time at the Company’s facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.