Scientist, Molecular Pathology
Reporting to the Director of Molecular Pathology, this person will help support Moderna’s mRNA technology platform, and therapeutics areas by managing support for Discovery projects, participating in a cross-functional team environment, and be responsible for method development to support histopathology studies. The scientist in this role will supervise, organize responsibilities and providing guidance to team members. The incumbent will require extensive experience in immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunofluorescence (IF), and in-situ hybridization (ISH) assay development. The ideal candidate must demonstrate thorough knowledge of experimental design and independent thinking to support multiple programs. They must be a highly motivated individual with the ability to oversee project timelines and deliverables and interpret and communicate results.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
Collaborate with project team members and peers to anticipate and resolve day-to-day issues working in a matrix organizational structure.
Develop novel tissue-based staining methodologies to support platform programs.
Performs IHC, IF, and ISH staining on tissue sections and subsequent image acquisition and analysis.
Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrate managerial skills; with the ability to coach, motivate, and mentor.
Organize, document, and share scientific work in a highly collaborative environment.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
BS with at least 5-10 years of experience, or Master’s degree with 4+ years relevant industry experience or PhD with 0-3 years of experience.
Experience with using IHC/ISH staining systems (i.e. Leica and Ventana autostainers).
Extensive knowledge related to microscopy, whole slide scanners and image analysis.
Familiar with drug discovery and development processes in investigative and regulatory toxicology.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.#LI-NB1