Medical Technologist, Sterility
We are currently searching for a Medical Technologist, Sterility to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform laboratory procedures for cell therapy product sterility testing and environmental monitoring including specimen processing, culture, organism identification via MALDI-TOF MS and/or genomic sequencing, Mycoplasma PCR, viable and non-viable particle count monitoring; report and maintain records of test results.
- Perform laboratory work in a cGMP facility following cGMP requirements.
- Perform and document quality control activities, instrument calibrations and maintenance; monitor, troubleshoot, and initiate or take corrective action to maintain stain and media quality, reagents, and equipment.
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures when test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results; correct problem or notify staff; document all corrective actions taken.
- Communicate and consult with pertinent medical personnel regarding collection and test procedures; troubleshoot any problems with the specimen or documentation.
- Perform proficiency testing in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Organize daily work based on priorities and needs of the laboratory and patients.
- Perform inventory of reagents and supplies as required.
- Collaborate with staff to evaluate new techniques; perform comparative studies with older technology; perform evaluations to determine new guidelines.
- Comply with accrediting and inspections agency requirements participating in activities associated with the laboratory accreditation process.
- Assist with reviewing and/or writing SOPs
- Perform BSL3 activities for clinical point of care testing for Hematology and Chemistries when the BSL3 is activated to support the NIH Clinical Centers Special Clinical Studies Unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related discipline.
- Experience in clinical Microbiology or MT (ASCP) preferred.
- Ability to lift 10 – 30 pounds.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule. Schedules will vary per week and may include weekends, holidays, as well as on-call, etc.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.