Senior Manager of Technical Accounting
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Senior Manager of Technical AccountingLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for ensuring GAAP and SEC reporting requirements are met for significant and/or non-routine transactions.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Assists Business Development by providing accounting guidance and recommending deal structures on potential licensing agreements, collaborations, equity purchases, and business combinations
- Supports Global Accounting Operations, Treasury, Tax and Financial Planning and Analysis functions by providing advice on the accounting treatment for a wide range of transaction types (e.g., revenue recognition, leases, and debt)
- Ensures key collaborators (including, but not limited to, the Chief Accounting Officer, leadership within Accounting Operations, and Amgens independent auditors) are aware of contemplated deals and the potential impact to Amgen
- Collaborates with different business functions and teams to perform accounting due diligence on potential transactions
- Ensures optimization for all contract provisions related to ongoing accounting obligations such as reporting, royalties, audits, etcetera
- Accounts for business combinations, including the review and management of any related purchase accounting valuation activities
- Monitors, assesses, and documents the potential impact of new accounting standards and assist with setting Amgens global accounting policies
- Documents conclusions on executed transactions in technical accounting memos
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek possesses these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Finance and/or Technical Accounting experienceOr
Masters degree and 4 years of Finance and/or Technical Accounting experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Finance and/or Technical Accounting experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Finance and/or Technical Accounting experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Finance and/or Technical Accounting experience
- 4+ years of Big 4 or other large national audit firm experience in the application of US GAAP to acquisitions, valuations, partnerships and licensing transactions
- Progressive accounting / finance experience, including corporate level public company experience
- Strong technical skills including US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Ability to work in cross-functional team environment across multiple senior levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and strong business analytical skills
- Outgoing personality and confident ability in dealing with all levels of management within the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.