US Prevnar Adult Organized Customer Channel Lead
It is a remarkable time to be part of Pfizer’s US Vaccines business as it expands on its mission of preventing disease and improving public health.
A critical part of that expansion is the successful launch of Prevnar 20 in adults. Prevnar 20 is Pfizer’s next generation vaccine for the prevention of pneumococcal pneumonia and expands on the legacy of Prevnar 13 in helping protect adults at risk either because of age or underlying medical conditions. Prevnar 20 received FDA approval for adults in 2021 and with the publication of its ACIP recommendation in the MMWR, is currently being launched into a highly dynamic and competitive market.
As the US healthcare market continues to evolve at a rapid pace, the needs and demands of our customers grow more complex, and therefore, ensuring patient access is a critical pillar for the brand. Meeting these evolving demands requires sophisticated approaches to engage our customers in meaningful ways that allow us to demonstrate the role Pfizer and its vaccines can play in this evolving landscape.
The US Prevnar Adult Organized Customer Channel Lead will play a pivotal strategic and tactical leadership role, working in close collaboration with the Account Management team to successfully launch Prevnar 20 Adult across large, organized customers by delivering solutions that help these customers prioritize pneumococcal vaccines to their patients and members. This colleague must be able to apply a thorough understanding of health systems and payer segments in order to align business priorities that can help drive immunization rates.
- Lead organized customer channel strategies and mobilize organization to support pull-through plans; articulating business opportunity, resource allocations and continuously generating insights/learnings to drive brand performance.
- Evolve brand access strategy and enhance value proposition based on market dynamics and business priorities, including prioritization of pneumococcal pneumonia in a crowded adult vaccine space.
- Lead development and delivery of access and organized customer channel specific resources that are aligned to brand strategy; build timely, robust metrics plans to adjust execution as necessary to achieve goals.
- Lead efforts to develop innovative and integrated digital omni-channel strategies and resources to effectively drive brand preference and operationalization throughout the organized customers.
- Provide leadership to Account Management Team to support operationalization and pneumococcal pneumonia immunization priority in health systems
- Identify, develop and foster market shaping partnerships with key external stakeholders
- Ensure maximal coverage across all payors (CMS, Commercial, Medicaid); lead mitigation of any access specific challenges
- Identify specific access challenges in territories/regions with low vaccination rates and develop tailored solutions as appropriate (capitated plans, IPAs, Medicaid, etc.)
- Provide brand marketing leadership to Market Access Team to support portfolio strategies, messages and solutions developed, including HIT solutions and quality measures.
- Partner with Market Access Team to shape contract strategy, aligned to overall brand objectives
- Partner with Payer & Channel Access, Account Management and Market Access teams to shape strategic execution of contract offerings, monitor performance metrics related and develop contract pull-through resources
- Lead the brand patient reminder recall platform strategy across the customer landscape (HCPs, organized customers, payers) and collaborate with reminder recall team on implementation/pull-through with customer facing colleagues
- Lead the Account Management brand strategy for Sales Force meetings including planning, execution, and follow-up engagement.
- Lead Organized Customer/Access business planning deliverables, ie, operating plan, tactical plan, leadership reports/presentations
- Provide channel-specific strategic direction to all AORs for development and delivery of relevant and innovative programs and materials to Retail customers
- Manage retail marketing A&P budget, partnering with brand team budget coordinator.
- BA or BS required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years pharmaceutical commercial experience; preference for vaccines and US market access experience
- Strong understanding of US payer and reimbursement landscape
- Experience in marketing to organized customers is strongly preferred
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage timelines and dependencies
- Strong communication skills, ability to mobilize cross-functional partners
- Ability to navigate internal organization/processes
- Entrepreneurial and innovative – exploring novel approaches to solving problems with strong focus on measuring effectiveness of different marketing programs to define future direction
- Bias towards action, with a sense of urgency to deliver high quality plans and tactics that deliver the desired customer actions
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated flexibility
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for the job:July 8, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- #LI-PFE #LI-REMOTE
Where available, integrity-related PLI and Pulse data, and disciplinary history, if any, will be considered as part of the hiring process for applicants who proceed to final rounds of interviews. Hiring decisions will be based on a holistic assessment of an applicant based on the requirements of the role, the applicant’s qualifications, and other relevant selection-related criteria.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Marketing and Market Research#LI-PFE