Planning and Logistics Engineer
Summary: Our Automation Engineering team in College Station, Texas is expanding, and we are looking for a Planner and Logistics Engineer to provide technical and operational support-coordination for the execution of projects, improvements, installation, operations, maintenance and compliance of FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas, LLC automation department to meet organizational goals and objectives. This position will also work closely with other operators, engineers and managers coordinating and planning multiple activities and projects. While implementing continue operations improvements principals to the department.
- Support automation personnel in daily activities, daily meetings and non-routines tasks.
- Perform coordination and scheduling of daily automation support, automation related projects and general tasks based on priorities.
- Search, develop and implement improvements and technics to the operations of the department.
- Work with other departments and automation resources to define priorities and provide preliminary assessment for automation requests.
- Support quality and compliance aspects like change controls routing and generation, corrective action / preventive action, deviations, impact assessments and qualifications as applicable to the automation department.
- Work effectively to gather information for the set-up, creation, and maintenance of tracking tools such as Smartsheets, MS Project and other similar software's.
- Work with purchasing systems like SAP, purchase requisitions, tracking order status and deliveries.
- Support standard operating procedures development and periodic reviews.
- Work with CMMS systems to schedule and complete work requests.
- Apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and support automation related activities.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and industry codes.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with cGMP practices.
- Support project coordination activities as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for discussing complex business processes
- Technical writing experience
- Positive, customer service oriented skills and behavior
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate, and organize resources
- Possesses the skills and capability to plan ahead and stay on schedule
- Reliable, self-motivated individual with positive attitude; team-oriented with the ability to work with staff covering a variety of roles.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks to meet tight timelines and shifting priorities.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills and a strong attention to detail. Must be able to develop, draft and correct preventative maintenance procedures for technical equipment.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision in a schedule-driven, changing work environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point) and general computer knowledge.
- Desire to work in fast-paced, state of the art, alternately research and customized manufacturing facility.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, climbing and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- Travel time up to 10%.
- Support company manufacturing activities 24/7.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Associate degree in an engineering or technology discipline or related field
- High School Diploma/GED with follow on education in a technical school or trade with four (4) years of qualified experience in an FDA or other regulated engineering role
- Bachelor degree in an engineering or technology discipline or related field
- Experience with critical and non-critical utilities, biotechnology equipment and complex pharmaceutical systems are a plus.
Salary: Starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.