Scientist II, Assay Development
- As a key individual contributor - independently plan, design, optimize and execute experiments to contribute to technology and product development.
- May supervise and mentor junior scientists and researchers for achieving project goals.
- Develop significant innovations to achieve project goals.
- Provide data summaries, written reports, and oral presentations to internal and external teams.
- Participate in new assay and product development – Conduct feasibility studies, optimize and develop reagents and processes within the design control process.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with other scientists, chemists, engineers, and manufacturing personnel to accomplish project goals.
- Manage deliverables in the development and commercialization of reagent applications and new product development.
- Participates in project planning and updates.
- Interview and hire staff, provide performance feedback and mentorship.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD. in Bioengineering, biology, chemistry or related area with approximately 2-5 years of related experience, or M.S. with a minimum of 7 years related industry experience.
- Significant technical proficiency and experience in molecular IVD assay design, optimization and validation.
- Deep knowledge of proteins and enzymes that interact with nucleic acids and their practical applications, particularly related to amplification and detection of nucleic acid targets.
- Demonstrated competency to design, analyze, review and implement project plan.
- Expert knowledge and practical experience in a specialized. technical area related to research and development of in-vitro diagnostics device.
- Experience developing isothermal nucleic acid amplification assays strongly preferred.
- Experience with various clinical sample matrices preferred.