Technical Writer - CARR Separation Systems
About Us:A Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems company, Pneumatic Scale Angelus maintains a major market position in the supply of wet and dry fillers, cappers, can seamers, labelers, centrifuges and change parts for the pharmaceutical, personal care, food, beverage, canning and household products industries worldwide. Our custom-engineered product lines include Hema, Mateer and Pneumatic Scale fillers; Consolidated, Pneumatic Scale and TC cappers; Angelus and Closetech seamers; Burt and MTS labelers; Carr and Centritech centrifuges; onTrack orienters and wet-case detectors; and Zepf change parts and storage solutions.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Barry Wehmiller’s CARR Separation Systems is a global leader in the design and manufacture of centrifugal separation systems used in drug discovery and manufacturing. CARR Centritech Separation Systems serves the Biotechnology industry with innovative and enabling solutions for applications ranging from cell and gene therapy to antibody therapeutics and traditional human and animal vaccines.
We are a cutting-edge original equipment manufacturer of biotechnology centrifuge separation systems with expertise in both single-use disposable and non-disposable CIP / SIP products for the biopharmaceutical industry.
We currently have an opening for a Technical Writer for Carr Separation Systems in our Clearwater, Florida office.
The ideal successful candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, and have previous experience working in an FDA regulated position (Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical).
- Preparing Manufacturing Batch Records.
- Preparing Verification Records.
- Outlining and organizing a long-term archive/storage strategy.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining an electronic training system.
- Site Subject Matter Expert on document change control practices at the site.
- Supporting all steps in the document change control process.
- Developing colleagues to ensure consistency of documentation practice across the company and training employees on documentation procedures, as needed.
- Labeling, sorting, obsoleting, and categorizing documents for ease of use.
- Retrieving documents upon request.
- Ensuring documentation integrity.
- Proficiency with scanning and administrative technology.
- Expert in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- 5 years of documentation experience in an FDA regulated Industry (Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices) ideal.
- Four-year degree
- Preferred 5 years of experience
Additional Job Description
- Writes technical copy for manuals, user's guides, and publications.
- Reviews drawings and design reports, writes text, and coordinates layout and design of materials.
- Explains scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
- Writes clear and concise policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.