Process Sciences Associate- Downstream Investigations
Regeneron is currently looking for a Process Sciences Associate to join the Downstream Investigations Team with a Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm schedule. Occasional off-shift or weekend work is needed to support experiments and troubleshooting. Regeneron successfully manufactures a range of biopharmaceuticals for patients worldwide, including our approved therapeutic proteins and those involved in clinical studies. The Downstream Investigation Team supports production in many ways, including troubleshooting processes, qualifying raw materials, investigating unexpected results, small-scale chemical stability, and innovating processes and testing with small-scale models and analysis of data from full scale processing. Lead and execute lab-based studies to investigate the root cause of manufacturing deviations, including various filtration and chromatography steps.
As a Process Science Associate, a typical day might include the following:
- Operate AKTA AVANT and AKTA PURE chromatography systems for small scale experiments
- Preparing and packing chromatography columns for lab use
- Spend time working individually as well as in teams, in lab environments, manufacturing suites, and office environments
- Design experiments, procure materials required, prepare buffers, execute chromatography and/or filtration processes, collect data, and present data
- Sift through data and perform statistical analysis (JMP) to understand causal relationships and impacts to processes
- Automate processes to reduce manual operations (programming language such as VBA/VB a plus)
- Prepare presentations and present to various levels of the organization
- Participate in cross functional teams
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes, and ensure with Regeneron systems
This role might be for you if you:
- Are able to quickly learn to operate new laboratory equipment in support of monoclonal antibody purification processes
- Understand chromatography purification at lab scale and manufacturing scales with ability to relate various process scales
- Have excellent ability to prioritize work inside and outside of the lab and change priorities based on business needs
- Have excellent technical writing skills or ability to develop this skill set
- Enjoy a dynamic environment of hands on lab activities and can work independently and with a team
- Troubleshoot in highly-regulated procedural environments, and engage in collaborative discussions
- Are comfortable performing statistical analysis using simple and complex tools and simulations
- Support lab needs including general lab equipment maintenance, cleanliness, and organization
- Have ability to think about the bigger picture relating to job function and how it impacts our patients and Regeneron as a whole
To be considered for the Process Sciences Associate position you must be willing and able to work Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. Occasional off-shift or weekend work is needed to support experiments and troubleshooting. For various levels you must have the following:
Process Sciences Associate I: BS/BA or MS in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical Engineering or Bio Engineering preferred
Process Sciences Associate II: BS/BA or MS in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical Engineering or Bio Engineering and 2+ years of relevant experience.
Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the specific role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.